Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hormel Foods analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hormel Foods SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hormel Foods to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hormel Foods is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Hormel Foods SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hormel Foods competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Trusted brands that have been built over time by consistently providing high-quality products
Hormel Foods STP
Five business segments — Grocery Products, Refrigerated Foods, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Specialty Foods and All Other (International)
Retail grocers, Broad line food service distributors , National fast food outlets, Full service restaurant chains
Creating innovative products to meet consumer needs
SWOT Analysis of Hormel Foods
Hormel Foods Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hormel Foods:
1. Developing new products for consumers starts by understanding individual needs 2. Since 1891, Hormel Foods has produced products that consumers have come to know and love,with iconic brands like Hormel, Jennie-O Turkey Store and SPAM it has built consumer loyalty around the world 3. Balanced business model including its diverse product portfolio 4. Hormel Foods is among an elite group of Dividend Aristocrats, which are S&P 500 companies that have increased their dividend rate for decades
5. The company has a strong workforce of nearly 19,000 people
Hormel Foods Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Hormel Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share and global presence as compared to global leaders 3.Input costs for corn and soybean meal are volatile 4. Fluctuating freight and marketing expenses
Hormel Foods Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Hormel Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. Building business through internal expansion and/or strategic acquisitions 2.Obtaining improved profits through international joint ventures 3. Overseas markets
Hormel Foods Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hormel Foods are as mentioned:
1.Nutrition & health related concerns
2. Food contamination caused by disease producing organism or pathogens 3.Increase in the cost of animal feed
4. Federal, state, and local food processing controls
Hormel Foods Competition
Hormel Foods Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Hormel Foods:
1.ConAgra Foods, Inc.
2. Mondelez International, Inc.
3. Tyson Foods Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hormel Foods. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute