Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dean Foods analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dean Foods SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dean Foods to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dean Foods is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Dean Foods SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dean Foods competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Offers a portfolio full of natural, nutritious products that are
staples of a healthy diet and are served in various eating places including homes every day
Dean Foods STP
Plant-based food and beverages, Dairy products, Bottled water
Homes, schools, restaurants, hospitals, and coffee shops
Delivering fresh, nourishing and quality products to families
SWOT Analysis of Dean Foods
Dean Foods Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dean Foods:
1. It has 100 facilities located in 35 American states as well as five manufacturing plants in the countries of Belgium, France, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands 2. Offering superior customer service through one of the USA’s largest refrigerated store delivery networks 3. Fresh Dairy Direct is the largest processor and distributor of milk and other dairy products in the United States, with products sold under more than 50 familiar local and regional brands and a wide array of private labels 4. Consumer demand for plant-based and organic beverages and
foods has grown in recent years due to growing consumer confidence in the health benefits attributable to these products, and WhiteWave-Alpro has a leading position in these categories
5. Has a strong workforce of over 24,000
Dean Foods Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Dean Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. Seasonal changes in the demand for dairy products 2. Retail pricing pressures and intense competition means limited market share 3. Fresh Dairy Direct has several competitors in each of its major product and geographic markets
Dean Foods Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Dean Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on cost reduction and capability building 2. Driving volume gains through the acquisition of new customers for Fresh Dairy Direct 3. Investing in emerging and alternative channels and expanding the geography and platform of WhiteWave-Alpro’s portfolio
Dean Foods Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dean Foods are as mentioned:
1. Fluid milk category has posted declining volumes over the last several years 2. Contamination due to animal diseases 3. Economic pressures such as supply shortages, and inﬂation
Dean Foods Competition
Dean Foods Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Dean Foods:
1. Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
2. Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
3. National Dairy, LLC
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dean Foods. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute