Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sun Chips analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sun Chips SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sun Chips to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sun Chips is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Sun Chips SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sun Chips competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Good for me and the planet; Little things can change the world.Healthier planet,healthier you
Strong backing of Pepsi Co ensures good distribution
Sun Chips STP
Middle age and Elderly population
Baby boomer generation who are health conscious
Healthier option snack for people tired of potato snack
SWOT Analysis of Sun Chips
Sun Chips Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sun Chips:
1. Presence of multigrain ingredient helps in marketing of the product as healthy
2.Presence of permanent flavors as well as limited edition flavors catering to large audience
3. Excellent distribution and availability across stores
4. Good branding and visibility due to marketing through TVCs and print ads
5. High quality product and attractive long-lasting packaging
Sun Chips Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Sun Chips SWOT Analysis:
1. Pork based ingredient in some flavors have resulted in avoidance by people belonging to certain religion and vegetarians
2. Limited global presence and availability compared to leading snack brands
Sun Chips Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Sun Chips SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to leverage usage of its existing biodegradable packaging of SunChips and project it as a green product
2. Expanding into newer untapped emerging economies
3. More variants can help enhance brand image
Sun Chips Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sun Chips are as mentioned:
1.The growth of sales of SunChips might cause cannibalisation
2. Increasing competition
3. Changing snack food preferences of customers
Sun Chips Competition
Sun Chips Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Sun Chips:
2. Uncle Chips
3. Local multi-grain products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sun Chips. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute