Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Nandos analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Nandos SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Nandos to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Nandos is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Nandos SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Nandos competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Anyone who wants to eat good quality food in a fast casual dining restaurant
Children and youth of middle and upper middle class families especially Chicken lovers
Flame Grilled Chicken
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nandos:
1. Renowned Global chain with over 750 restaurants in over 40 countries 2. Nandos’ Flame Grilled Peri Peri Chicken is believed to be the best in the world 3. Nando’s chicken are considered as healthy along with the superior taste as well
4. Franchisee model has allowed Nando’s to expand rapidly in global markets
5. Advertising Age magazine named Nando's as one of the world's top 30 hottest marketing brands
Here are the weaknesses in the Nandos SWOT Analysis:
1. Currently operating in only metro cities in India which reduces brand visibility 2. Absolute focus on Chicken reduces the inflow of vegetarians which hampers other vegetarian items in the menu 3. Parent company IRL’s financial trouble reduces the expansion plans of Nando’s across Indian Market
Following are the Opportunities in Nandos SWOT Analysis:
1. Hotel Industry is forecasted to grow in double digit figures, which presents a significant opportunity to Nandos 2. Innovate with vegetarian menu items and market them as well along with Chicken
3. Huge expansion opportunity in sub metro cities with the enormous success in the metro cities
4. Nando’s India acquisition by a private equity firm will fuse the much needed funds required for expansion
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nandos are as mentioned:
1. Franchisee IRL, for India, may not sell its stake and also may not be able to fund the expansion plans for Nandos because of its poor financial condition 2. Intense competition from other international player in Indian Market 3. Growth in number of players is more than the growth of the demand itself and it will lead to further competition and reduce overall profitability of the industry
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nandos. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute