MDH Spices SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of MDH Spices, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
MDH Spices is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the MDH Spices SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For MDH Spices, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of MDH Spices looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of MDH Spices :
1. The MDH brand name is very well known throughout India
2. It has a huge network of over 1000 wholesalers and over 400,000 retail dealers in India
3. The company has been involved in several charitable and social activities through its sister organization which maintains trust amongst its loyal customer base
4. MDH has become synonymous with the category of spices itself, its campaign “ Asli Masale Sach Sach”, is one of the most recalled campaign
5. Focusing on traditional family values of India, company enjoys huge brand recall
6. MDH has automated machines, with a capacity of producing 30 tons of packaged spices in a day
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the MDH Spices SWOT Analysis:
1. Being an unlisted company in the stock market, company has limited options to generate equity for expansion plans
2. Recall of its products due to alleged contamination
3. Over reliance on an exclusive brand ambassador which is the owner of the company
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in MDH Spices SWOT Analysis:
1. Venture into ready to eat food segment present a huge opportunity for MDH
2. MDH has also ventured into manufacturing and selling incense sticks, Hing, toothpowder and soya, which increases its presence and encourages more shelf space and cross selling for its products
3. Listing the company under a stock exchange will open up huge avenues of capital for the company to support its expansion plans and allows it to venture into new businesses
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of MDH Spices are as mentioned:
1. Company may remain complacent about its dominating market share, and might lose out to its competitors
2. Intervention of Government viz-a-viz import & export of spices is causing upheavals in the market hence affecting both demand and price
3. Constant increase in costs in terms of raw material inputs, services, power and fuel. The huge surge in costs continues to be a point of concern for the Company
Hence this concludes the MDH Spices SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|MDH Spices Overview|
Mahashian Di Hatti
Food processing and products
Asli Masaale Sach Sach MDH
Unique traditional blends of spices
All users of Spices
Users of Traditional spices
Traditional spices of India
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to MDH Spices. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us