Himalayan Mineral Water SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Himalayan Mineral Water analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Himalayan Mineral Water SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Himalayan Mineral Water to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Himalayan Mineral Water is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Himalayan Mineral Water SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Himalayan Mineral Water competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Himalayan Mineral Water SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Premium segment with a likeness for supreme quality of water
High quality natural water and premium imagery
Himalayan Mineral Water Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Himalayan Mineral Water:
1. The presence of natural minerals differentiates Himalayan from other bottled water brands
2. Himalayan is the only internationally accepted quality natural mineral water in India 3. Belonging to the parent company Tata, which has become a symbol of quality, reliability, and real value, not just in India but in other parts of the world too, Himalayan enjoys strong brand equity 5. Himalayan stands out as an authentic brand in its category. Its association with the Tata group further enhances the trust and faith that it inspires among customers
4. Playing upon the themes of being natural and pure in an artificial world, the brand is the perfect beverage of choice among wellness seekers
Himalayan Mineral Water Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Himalayan Mineral Water SWOT Analysis:
1. The company is competing on quality in a price sensitive Indian mineral water segment
2. The target customer for the brand are low and geographically scattered making the distribution network complex and less profitable
3. The recent re-launch has confused the customers about the actual positioning of the brand
Himalayan Mineral Water Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Himalayan Mineral Water SWOT Analysis:
1. Himalayan enjoys an aspirational equity among consumers and has the potential of truly becoming an international and iconic brand
2. It can leverage the supreme distribution network of the parent company Tata to expand its markets 3. Association with a sport can further enhance the image of the brand
Himalayan Mineral Water Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Himalayan Mineral Water are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from other major players in the mineral water segment and increasing capacity of competitor bottlers
2. Excessive premium for high quality may hamper the brand in the long run
3. Regional players with a low cost structure and lower quality are posing huge threat to the overall profitability of the company
Himalayan Mineral Water Competitors
Agro Tech Food
Parle Agro Products Ltd.
Coca Cola Beverages Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Himalayan Mineral Water. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute