Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tip Top Bakeries analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tip Top Bakeries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tip Top Bakeries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tip Top Bakeries is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Tip Top Bakeries SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tip Top Bakeries SWOT Analysis:
For Tip Top Bakeries, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Tip Top Bakeries Strengths
The strengths of Tip Top Bakeries looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tip Top Bakeries :
1. Loyalty among customers since the brand has been around since a long time 2. Extremely strong distribution network 3. Impressive marketing and advertising campaigns 4. Many of its breads are endorsed by the National Heart Foundation of Australia
5. The company has over 10000 employees
6. They make over a million products every day
Tip Top Bakeries Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tip Top Bakeries SWOT Analysis:
1. Weak presence outside of Australia and New Zealand 2. Lack of healthier variants in its product portfolio like brown bread etc. 3. Lack of competitive pricing in its muffins and scone range 4. Lack of product variety
Tip Top Bakeries Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tip Top Bakeries SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into service industry by setting up specialised cafés and bakeries 2. To expand its product portfolio into wholemeal and brown bread offerings 3. Geographical expansion
Tip Top Bakeries Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tip Top Bakeries are as mentioned:
1. Emergence of speciality bakeries 2. Variation in commodity prices is squeezing profit margins 3. Reduction in consumption due to fad diets like Atkins’ diet etc.
Tip Top Bakeries Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Tip Top Bakeries:
1. Helga’s 2. Wonder 3. Bakery Delight
Hence this concludes the Tip Top Bakeries SWOT analysis.
Tip Top is the most recognisable food brand in Australia
Tip Top Bakeries STP
Anyone who consumes bakery products
Families, mothers and children
Healthy, yet tasty bakery products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tip Top Bakeries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute