Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Applebee’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Applebee’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Applebee’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Applebee’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Applebee’s SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Applebee’s competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Half rate entrée place for office going people in the afternoon and the open the midnight place for game night, girls night, karaoke night, etc. popularly called as Club Applebee’s
Grill and Bar Segment
Middle class, all age groups
Fun and family-friendly neighborhood restaurant with healthy under 550 calorie menu items
SWOT Analysis of Applebee’s
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Applebee’s:
1. A wide location base of almost 2000 restaurants 2. A comprehensive and reasonably priced menu 3. Innovative R&D department e.g. ‘Tableside Tablet Initiative’ 4. Low capital investment through 99% franchised restaurant base
5. Better management of advertising, brand management, R&D and strategy under the franchisee setup
Here are the weaknesses in the Applebee’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited menu for vegetarians 2. Little scope of micro-management 3. Tough to monitor quality due to franchisee setup and limited geographic presence
Following are the Opportunities in Applebee’s SWOT Analysis:
1. ‘Clubbing at Bee’s’ for 20s – 30s age group 2. Rise in beverage demand with higher margins 3. Movement towards low-calorie food items
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Applebee’s are as mentioned:
1. Recent vegan movement in USA 2. Family based casual diners reaction to Club Applebee’s (late night bar setup) 3. Increased competition from local other casual dining chains and independent restaurants
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Applebee’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute