Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Golden North analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Golden North SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Golden North to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Golden North is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Golden North SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Golden North competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Golden North SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Gluten Free; Palm Oil Free; Made with fresh milk and cream;
Golden North STP
Household Consumers and Parents with young children
Established and trusted Ice cream brand of South Australia.
SWOT Analysis of Golden North
Golden North Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Golden North:
1. Almost 90 years of ice cream production has earned it status as an official icon of South Australia. 2. Golden North operates the longest milk run in the world from the Barossa Valley to Tennant Creek, over 1200 miles (1950-60s)
3. Winner of many Medals at the prestigious SA dairy awards.
4. Gluten free ice creams for people with allergies.
5. Eco-concerned brand with Palm free products. (Production of Palm Oil has led to the rapid destruction of natural rainforests, particularly in Indonesia and Malaysia)
6. Has a portfolio of large no. of different ice creams and keeps bringing in pop-up products like Cookies and creams, Zoo babies, etc.
Golden North Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Golden North SWOT Analysis:
1. Multiple changes in ownership led to less focus on the brand strategy.
2. Reach limited to just South Australia though it is quite famous and has a lot of brand equity.
Golden North Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Golden North SWOT Analysis:
1. Great Brand goodwill in South Australia can be leveraged for taking the brand into other parts of Australia.
2. Expansion into Asia Pacific and other countries.
3. Product development and introduction of more variety of chocolates and related products in its Impulse Range.
Golden North Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Golden North are as mentioned:
1. Spread of cattle diseases and epidemics can harm business. 2. Maintaining good quality and timely processes in perishable category is a challenge. Failure of distribution network or storage facilities can cause huge losses.
3. Milk supply in the region is less. Milk has to be sourced from the region and all fresh cream source is dependent on South Australian dairy farmers.
Golden North Competition
Golden North Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Golden North:
1. Bulla Dairy Foods
2. Peters and Streets, Australia.
3. Dairy Bell Ice Cream
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Golden North. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute