Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lincoln Electric analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lincoln Electric SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lincoln Electric to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lincoln Electric is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Lincoln Electric SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lincoln Electric competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Lincoln is among a few worldwide broad-line manufacturers of both consumable products and arc welding equipment
Lincoln Electric STP
Welding products, consumables, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment and robotic welding systems
Transportation, Pipeline, Pipe Mill, LNG, Structural and Shipbuilding
Highest quality welding, cutting and joining products
SWOT Analysis of Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lincoln Electric:
1. Worldwide network of sales offices and distributors covering more than 160 countries 2. It has 40+ manufacturing locations in North America, Middle East, Europe, Asia and Latin America 3. World leader in the development, design, and manufacture of arc welding products, plasma ,robotic arc-welding systems and oxyfuel cutting equipment 4. Solves customers’ process problems and improve productivity by combining both consumables development and equipment needs into one integrated package
5. Technological innovation enables the company to earn a premium price for many of its products
6.Product support and guarantee increases the brand value
7. Over 10,000+ people are employed with the company
Lincoln Electric Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Lincoln Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Maintaining operational efficiency worldwide
2. Cultural problems(as it serves worldwide) and limited market share due to intense competition
Lincoln Electric Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Lincoln Electric SWOT Analysis:
1.Emerging economies like China, India offers a huge opportunity for growth 2.Strategic alliances with other companies
3. Better marketing strategies can improve the brand recognition
Lincoln Electric Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lincoln Electric are as mentioned:
1. Product line disputes
2.Component and material sourcing
3.Local competitors with an established presence
Lincoln Electric Competition
Lincoln Electric Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Lincoln Electric:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lincoln Electric. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute