Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aggreko analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aggreko SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aggreko to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aggreko is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The article below lists the Aggreko SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Aggreko SWOT Analysis:
For Aggreko, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Aggreko looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aggreko :
1. Operate globally (has presence in 45 countries) and hence respond to events anywhere in the world and move equipments wherever required 2. Focus on very narrow range of products (power and temperature) and hence have technical expertise, equipment, skills and expertise on a scale and to a depth that is unmatched 3. Provide customized equipments optimized for specific needs 4. Provide high quality and reliable equipment
5. Services and equipments are transferrable
6. NPS customer feedback rankings are in top B2B companies globally
7. Has its own purpose-built manufacturing facility
8. Present on the London Stock Exchange and FTSE 250 Index
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Aggreko SWOT Analysis:
1. High competition means lesser margins and lower market share 2. Geographic penetration and operations are lesser compared to global power generation companies
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Aggreko SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing emerging markets 2. Expansion of rental product portfolio 3. Expansion through mergers and acquisitions
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aggreko are as mentioned:
1. Competitors with diverse set of portfolio 2. Demand of generators might go down with focus on renewable energy 3. Unfavorable govt policies and economic recession
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Aggreko:
1. Ashtead Group PLC 2. United Rentals 3. Sunbelt Rentals
One of the world’s largest temporary power generation company
Energy rental companies
Film studios, power stations, mines, offshore oil platforms, shipyards, general construction and contracting industries
Specialist energy solutions
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aggreko. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute