Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aggreko analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aggreko SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aggreko to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aggreko is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Aggreko SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Aggreko competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the world’s largest temporary power generation company
Energy rental companies
Film studios, power stations, mines, offshore oil platforms, shipyards, general construction and contracting industries
Specialist energy solutions
SWOT Analysis of Aggreko
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aggreko:
1. Operate globally (has presence in 45 countries) and hence respond to events anywhere in the world and move equipments wherever required 2. Focus on very narrow range of products (power and temperature) and hence have technical expertise, equipment, skills and expertise on a scale and to a depth that is unmatched 3. Provide customized equipments optimized for specific needs 4. Provide high quality and reliable equipment
5. Services and equipments are transferrable
6. NPS customer feedback rankings are in top B2B companies globally
7. Has its own purpose-built manufacturing facility
8. Present on the London Stock Exchange and FTSE 250 Index
Here are the weaknesses in the Aggreko SWOT Analysis:
1. High competition means lesser margins and lower market share 2. Geographic penetration and operations are lesser compared to global power generation companies
Following are the Opportunities in Aggreko SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing emerging markets 2. Expansion of rental product portfolio 3. Expansion through mergers and acquisitions
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aggreko are as mentioned:
1. Competitors with diverse set of portfolio 2. Demand of generators might go down with focus on renewable energy 3. Unfavorable govt policies and economic recession
Below are the top 3 competitors of Aggreko:
1. Ashtead Group PLC 2. United Rentals 3. Sunbelt Rentals
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aggreko. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute