Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sandvik analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sandvik SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sandvik to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sandvik is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Sandvik SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sandvik competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
High-Tech & Innovative for enhanced customer value
Enhancing Customer productivity, profitability and safety
Aerospace, Automotive, Energy sector Mining , Oil and Gas
Products and solutions to help competitors increase their competitiveness
SWOT Analysis of Sandvik
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sandvik:
1. Has 47,000 employees globally and serves around in 130 countries 2. Continuous investment in R&D has helped it in achieving the position of world leader in tools and tooling systems, products in advanced stainless steel and equipment and tools for mining 3. It has around 8,000 of active patents 4. Strong cash flow 5. Employs supply chain optimization to reduce cost
Here are the weaknesses in the Sandvik SWOT Analysis:
1. Less diversified portfolio 2. High lost time injury frequency rate 3. Adaptation to technology 4. High Supply chain cost and hence two units were closed
Following are the Opportunities in Sandvik SWOT Analysis:
1. Diversifying through mergers and acquisitions 2. New market development` 3. Leveraging rapid technological advancements
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sandvik are as mentioned:
1. Low bargaining power as a supplier due to huge competition 2. Lack of skilled workforce 3. High cost of capital and resources
Below are the top 3 competitors of Sandvik:
1. General Electric 2. Siemens 3. Illinois Tool Works
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sandvik. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute