Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Carrier analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Carrier SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Carrier to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Carrier is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Carrier SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Carrier competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It is the largest air conditioning producer in the world
Commercial as well as consumer Air conditioning needs
Big commercial organizations
Experts in air conditioning
SWOT Analysis of Carrier
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Carrier:
1. It leads in the manufacture of residential and commercial heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment 2. It has presence in 6 continents and 170 countries 3. Carrier Corporation employs 43,000 employees with turnover of $12.5 billion 4. Energy-efficient, quiet, consistent comfort to millions of people at offices and homes
5. Provides Home solutions, building solutions, Transport refrigeration solutions and Commercial refrigeration solutions
Here are the weaknesses in the Carrier SWOT Analysis:
1. Excessive dependence on the US markets is a cause for concern
2. Its parent company United Technologies Corporation has considerable debt obligations which could affect Carrier
Following are the Opportunities in Carrier SWOT Analysis:
1. Investments in green building solutions for the future will help in new business and reduce its carbon footprint 2. Strategic acquisitions like Environment market Solutions, Inc. will help bolster its portfolio 3. Strong outlook for the global control systems market especially in developing countries
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Carrier are as mentioned:
1. Stricter government policies on environment regulation may affect operations 2. Heavy dependence of US domestic market for revenues 3. Greater emphasis on green solutions needs heavy investments and cutting back on traditional strength
Below are the top 3 competitors of Carrier:
1. Hitachi, Ltd. 2. Daikin Industries, Ltd. 3. General air conditioners
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Carrier. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute