Carrier SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Carrier, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Carrier to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Carrier is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The article below lists the Carrier SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Carrier SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Carrier, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Carrier looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Carrier :
1. It leads in the manufacture of residential and commercial heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment
2. It has presence in 6 continents and 170 countries
3. Carrier Corporation employs 43,000 employees with turnover of $12.5 billion
4. Energy-efficient, quiet, consistent comfort to millions of people at offices and homes
5. Provides Home solutions, building solutions, Transport refrigeration solutions and Commercial refrigeration solutions
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Carrier SWOT Analysis:
1. Excessive dependence on the US markets is a cause for concern
2. Its parent company United Technologies Corporation has considerable debt obligations which could affect Carrier
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Carrier SWOT Analysis:
1. Investments in green building solutions for the future will help in new business and reduce its carbon footprint
2. Strategic acquisitions like Environment market Solutions, Inc. will help bolster its portfolio
3. Strong outlook for the global control systems market especially in developing countries
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Carrier are as mentioned:
1. Stricter government policies on environment regulation may affect operations
2. Heavy dependence of US domestic market for revenues
3. Greater emphasis on green solutions needs heavy investments and cutting back on traditional strength
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Carrier:
1. Hitachi, Ltd.
2. Daikin Industries, Ltd.
3. General air conditioners
Hence this concludes the Carrier SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
United Technologies Corporation
Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Turn to the experts
It is the largest air conditioning producer in the world
Commercial as well as consumer Air conditioning needs
Big commercial organizations
Experts in air conditioning
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Carrier. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us