Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Komatsu analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Komatsu SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Komatsu to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Komatsu is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The article below lists the Komatsu SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Komatsu SWOT Analysis:
For Komatsu, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Komatsu SWOT Analysis:
1. Presence of many competitors means limited scope for market share growth 2. Nationalization of mining activities in many countries
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Komatsu SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing residential sector in Asia 2.Rise in the mining activities in developing countries where it has a significant presence
3. Tie-ups with mining and construction companies across the world
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Komatsu are as mentioned:
1. Intense competitive pressure 2. Sluggish growth of the Japanese economy
Unique and unrivaled products for various business
People and businesses who want industrial-use products and services
People or Business expecting ‘Quality & Reliability’ for their money
International leader in the field of construction and mining equipment
1. Wide range of products for every Construction & Mining equipment need
2. Geographic diversification, Presence in many developing countries
3. Also diversified into industrial machinery and vehicles, logistics, electronics and other solutions-based operation
4. It has a workforce of nearly 40,000
5. It has manufacturing operations in Japan, Asia, Europe and America
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Komatsu. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute