Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of SembCorp Industries analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SembCorp Industries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SembCorp Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SembCorp Industries is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the SembCorp Industries SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top SembCorp Industries competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Serving more than 5 million people every day through Power generation, Waste Water treatment, Shipbuilding and Urban development
SembCorp Industries STP
People and businesses who want services inintegrated ship repair, shipbuilding, ship conversion, rig building and offshore and marine engineering
People or Business expecting a ‘Vital Partner’ to leverage mutual strengths and sector experience
Solution providers, pioneers and innovators in all businesses
SWOT Analysis of SembCorp Industries
SembCorp Industries Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SembCorp Industries:
1. Good financial position with excellent financial structure maintained by Temasek Holdings 2. Good Assets makes for a good current ratio 3. Has diversified into energy and waste water managementand urban development which assures a hassle free revenue
4. Strong position in the industry and good brand value
SembCorp Industries Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the SembCorp Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. The current attention to other business might lead to losing share in shipbuilding 2. Being a public sector company does not allow room for capital expansion and expenditure
SembCorp Industries Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in SembCorp Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. The utilities business is spreading widely in Asia where there is huge demand for utilities
2. The company is finding avenues for more income streams in Asia and Africa
SembCorp Industries Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SembCorp Industries are as mentioned:
1. Domestic private and cheap Chinese competitors are eating away the market share 2. High steel prices and strong local currency are also major threats
SembCorp Industries Competition
SembCorp Industries Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of SembCorp Industries:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SembCorp Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute