Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Oshkosh Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Oshkosh Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Oshkosh Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Oshkosh Corporation is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Oshkosh Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Oshkosh Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency
Oshkosh Corporation STP
People and businesses who want specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment
People or Business expecting world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment
To serve and delight our customers by partnering with them
SWOT Analysis of Oshkosh Corporation
Oshkosh Corporation Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Oshkosh Corporation:
1. Vehicles and products of latest technologies, innovations give Oshkosh a chance to lead in the markets 2. Leading supplier of concrete trucks to leading companies in the U.S 3. Also diversified into industrial machinery, vehicles, logistics, electronics and other
4. Strong financial position and good market reputation
Oshkosh Corporation Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Oshkosh Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Weak performance in international markets compared to industry leaders 2. Not a very strong incentive structure for Dealer network thus creating a concern amongst dealers
Oshkosh Corporation Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Oshkosh Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Market recovery provides a significant opportunity for Oshkosh to focus on getting back to average prior peak rates in markets which have been down during the Great Recession 2. Some international acquisitions which are in pipeline could bring new opportunities
3. Expansion and tieups in emerging economies
Oshkosh Corporation Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Oshkosh Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Rising labor wages in the U.S 2. Currency fluctuation losses possible due to the current downturn
3. Intensive cheap competition from Chinese and Korean counterparts
Oshkosh Corporation Competition
Oshkosh Corporation Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Oshkosh Corporation:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oshkosh Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute