Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of JCB analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In JCB SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JCB to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. JCB is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The article below lists the JCB SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the JCB SWOT Analysis:
For JCB, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of JCB looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JCB :
1. Wide range of products for every Construction need 2. Geographic diversification, Presence in many countries both developed and developing
3. Has a huge dealer network and availability
4. Has a high brand recall value amongst construction equipments
5. Has a famous unrivalled customer service
6. Factories in UK, Brazil, North America, India or Germany
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the JCB SWOT Analysis:
1. Hasn’t yet diversified into related businesses 2. The current Eurozone crisis has affected its operational efficiency
3. Still competition means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in JCB SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing residential sector in Asia 2. The recent launch of Backhoe loaders could bolster its sales
3. Warehouse expansion at different places will enhance their customer service
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JCB are as mentioned:
1. Stiff competition from various players like CAT, Ingersoll Rand, ACE etc.. 2. The Real Estate sector in Europe has weakened and might lead to stagnant business in the Eurozone
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of JCB:
Strong and high performance products and solutions to meet global customers' needs
People and businesses who want products and services for Construction Equipment
People or Business expecting high performance products and unrivalled customer service
Providing the best equipments in the industry through focus on both process innovation as well as product innovation based on customers’ needs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JCB. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute