Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sealed Air analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sealed Air SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sealed Air to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sealed Air is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Sealed Air SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sealed Air competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For Sealed Air, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Sealed Air SWOT Analysis:
Sealed Air Strengths
The strengths of Sealed Air looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sealed Air :
1. Presence in over 200 locations 2. Strong brands like Cryovac, Bubble Wrap cushioning and and Diversey cleaning & hygiene 3. Serves a variety of companies 4. Market leader in highly sophisticated packaging products
5. Revolutionized the packaging industry by reducing cost, using less material and reducing loss from damages
6. Close to 25,000+ employees in the organization
7. Acquisition of smaller brands have strengthened its position as a leader
Sealed Air Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sealed Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Margins are limited due to competition from other players & local companies 2. Strong competitors making product differentiation difficult
Sealed Air Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sealed Air SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing E-commerce will increase the demand for packaging 2. High growth possibility in the emerging markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sealed Air are as mentioned:
1. Competition from unbranded packaging companies
2. Compliance issues and government policies related to use of raw materials
3. Cannibalization of coated products
Sealed Air Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Sealed Air:
1. Bemis Company 2. Sonoco Products Company 3. Printpack, Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sealed Air. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute