Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Shalimar Paints analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Shalimar Paints SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Shalimar Paints to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Shalimar Paints is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Shalimar Paints SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Shalimar Paints competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A strong established national brand with presence across both decorative and industrial paints.
Shalimar Paints STP
Decorative and Industrial segments
Institutional and retail customers across all price-bands.
A complete Paint Company offering paints for each segment in each price-bracket.
SWOT Analysis of Shalimar Paints
For Shalimar Paints, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Shalimar Paints SWOT Analysis:
Shalimar Paints Strengths
The strengths of Shalimar Paints looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Shalimar Paints :
1. Shalimar Paints was first large-scale paint manufacturing unit in South-Asia, hence has vast experience in this industry. 2. Shalimar Paints offers wide range of decorative products both in interior and exterior categories and it offers paints at all price bands thus catering to customers in all segments. 3. Introduction of tinting systems at dealer locations has helped customers a wide choice of 9000+ shades.
4. They are pioneers in industrial paints category as they have association with Pinchin Johnson Co. & International paints.
5. With products in marine coating, High performance Coating, packaging and General Industrial, they are 3rd largest in the industrial paints category.
6. Currently 3 manufacturing facilities strategically located at Howrah, Sikandrabad and Nasik which jointly have capacity of 57000 tonnes p.a
7. Company has good Pan-India presence with well-established Sales & Distribution Network
Shalimar Paints Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Shalimar Paints SWOT Analysis:
1. In spite of having the first mover’s advantage in the paints industry it lags behind Asian Paints, Berger Paints, Akzonobel in many segments. 2. Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem.
Shalimar Paints Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Shalimar Paints SWOT Analysis:
1.Shalimar is introducing a Self-Clean Paint: paint with a new technology that doesn’t allow water to stay on walls, it turns water into tiny balls that roll down the wall taking dirt away. 2. New Facility at Chennai is under construction stage would increase the capacity by 18,000 tonnes p.a and would cater to South India. 3. Current Mfg. facilities stands only approx. 1/3rd of the land available, hence there is a great opportunity of expansion if desired.
4. Continuous R&D provides scope of reduction of VOC and HAP, develop more eco-friendly products which have high potential growth.
5. Tremendous growth opportunities in Rural India
Shalimar Paints Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Shalimar Paints are as mentioned:
1.Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are given more emphasis 2.Raw material scarcity and volatlility in prices. 3. Competition from national and international brands as they target India owing to its large market.
Shalimar Paints Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Shalimar Paints:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shalimar Paints. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute