Nippon Paint SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Nippon Paint, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Nippon Paint to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Nippon Paint is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Nippon Paint SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Nippon Paint SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Nippon Paint, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Nippon Paint looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nippon Paint :
1. With 130 years of experience and 33 manufacturing facilities in paint industry they are one of the largest paint makers in the world.
2. 12,000 employees operating in 11 countries across Asia they set benchmark in innovation and quality.
3. They have wide range of products.
4. They have diversified geographically.
5. They like any other Japanese Company spend and focus on R&D
6. The company has extremely vibrant new logo showing values like: professional, passionate, commitment to excellence, modernity, friendliness and youthfulness.
7. Nippon Paints have developed products high-grade environmental friendly products with nearly ZERO VOC content.
8. Nippon Paint’s 3 in 1 Medi-fresh has been very popular for its anti-bacterial formula that inhibits bacterial growth lowering risk of flu etc.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Nippon Paint SWOT Analysis:
1.Nippon Paint w.r.t India has a very small range of products which include few interior and exterior wall paints.
2. Large inventories may be a cause of worry
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Nippon Paint SWOT Analysis:
1. Its ability to innovate and do R&D provides them an opportunity in developing eco-friendly products which are seen as products for the future with environmental regulation policies becoming stringent.
2. Opportunities in emerging Asian markets.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nippon Paint are as mentioned:
1. Global economy is sluggish
2. Nippon Paint w.r.t India faces stiff competition from other prominent and well established paint companies
3. International Environmental regulations are tightening.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Nippon Paint:
2.Ameron International Corporation
Hence this concludes the Nippon Paint SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Nippon Paint Overview|
Explore a world of colors
Customer growth, personal growth, environmental care and technological innovation.
|Nippon Paint STP|
Home, construction, automotive and industrial sectors
Customers wanting high quality and eco-friendly products
A Globally established paint company with complete paint solutions.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nippon Paint. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us