Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dulux analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dulux SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dulux to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dulux is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Dulux SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Dulux SWOT Analysis:
For Dulux, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Dulux looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dulux :
1. It being a part of Akzonobel which has a huge brand name which would enhance their growth. 2.Infrastructural and intellectual capital of Akzonobel will help them in R&Ds and innovation to stay at par with competitors in rapidly changing market. 3. Dulux is one of the biggest brand names in decorative industry 4. They are quality centric company which has helped them grow and sustain their brands.
5. They had first mover’s advantage in Dulux velvet touch which had no competition till almost a decade.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dulux SWOT Analysis:
1. In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem 2. Limited market share due to presence of other major brands
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dulux SWOT Analysis:
1. Continuous R&D provides scope of reduction of VOC and HAP; develop more eco-friendly products which have high potential growth.
2. Tremendous growth opportunities in Rural India if the product is distributed and priced properly. 3. Real Estate boom needs to be capitalsed. 4. Consumer involvement is very important; direct involvement and interaction with them will help them gain momentum and leave a lasting impression in the minds of the consumer.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dulux are as mentioned:
1.In decorative paints Industry customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem. 2.Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are being given more emphasis. 3.Competition from national and international brands as they target India owing to its large market.
4. Raw material scarcity and volatility in prices.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Dulux:
Leading Brand that offers exceptional combination of product quality and performance with unmatched levels of service and technical support
Home owners, institution buildings, offices, developing stylish infrastructure
Right luxury-look with great durability and pioneer in washable paint technology
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dulux. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute