International Paper SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of International Paper analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In International Paper SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like International Paper to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. International Paper is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the International Paper SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the International Paper SWOT Analysis:
Industrial packaging, printing papers, distribution, and consumer packaging.
Newspaper houses, Book publication houses
Global provider of paper and packaging solutions to various industries
1. The largest paper and pulp company in the world with over 60,000 employees 2. It operates 25 pulp, paper and packaging mills, 180+ converting and packaging plants, recycling plants and bag facilities in the US 3. Eco friendly manufacturing techniques 4. Economies of scale are its greatest strength due to which it can raise finance any time at a low rate of interest and longer pay period
5. High Research & Development investment, and standardized manufacturing across the globe facilitated by latest machines which has led to strong brand image of International Paper
6. High growth rate recorded in recent times
7. Strong legacy since 1898
1. Bad press, it is blamed for deforestation in America 2. Paper making factories are associated with pollution and causing harm to adjacent areas
1. The increase in e-commerce industry has resulted in high demand for packaging solutions 2. Consolidation and expansion of business in other geographies through acquisition route 3. Due to scale of International Paper, it would have the backing of the government for expansion
1. Focus on digitalizing all mass media content which will ultimately lead to decrease in consumption of paper and related items 2. Destruction of rain forests in Amazon basin which forms the main source of raw material for manufacturing 3. Considerable resources in Russia which may be affected due to global crisis and US stance against Russia
4. Impact of environmental laws could be harmful to the company
1. Asia Pulp and Paper 2. Stora Enso Group 3. Smurfit Kappa Group
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to International Paper. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute