Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of General Dynamics analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In General Dynamics SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like General Dynamics to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. General Dynamics is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the General Dynamics SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top General Dynamics competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Marine Systems; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Aerospace
Military, other government and commercial customers
Delivering superior products and services to military, other government and commercial customers
SWOT Analysis of General Dynamics
General Dynamics Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of General Dynamics:
1. Strong relationship with the US government which helps it in getting major defense contracts 2. Broad product portfolio (Marine Systems; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Aerospace) and balanced revenue streams sector 3. Has grown both organically and inorganically (acquisitions and mergers) with time 4. High focus on Research & Development which is critical in defense
5. Nearly 100,000 employees worldwide with strong revenues
6. General Dynamics entry into the Healthcare solutions will help it expand its top-line
7. One of the world’s largest defense contractors
General Dynamics Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the General Dynamics SWOT Analysis:
1. US government contracts form the majority of its revenues 2. Highly competitive market means limited market share
General Dynamics Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in General Dynamics SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing global market for defense and aerospace, especially China and India
2. Defense spending has increased in the US and the world
3. Highest order backlog since 2008 and backlog orders simply need to be fulfilled
General Dynamics Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of General Dynamics are as mentioned:
1. Government lawsuit & future regulations can disrupt its revenue stream 2. Potential decreases in US government spending will have a major impact on its revenues 3. Impact of Cyber security disruptions is unknown at this time
4. Due to lower remuneration as compared to competitors, employee retention & availability
General Dynamics Competition
General Dynamics Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of General Dynamics:
1. The Boeing Company 2. Lockheed Martin Corporation 3. L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to General Dynamics. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute