Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Amcor analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Amcor SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Amcor to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Amcor is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Amcor SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Amcor SWOT Analysis:
For Amcor, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Amcor looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Amcor :
1. Nominated and won many awards for innovation in packaging 2. Diversified portfolio with over 25,000+ people employed in the company 3. It is a global packaging leader 4. Strong cash flow and good financial position
5. It has global operations in more than 40 countries
6. One of the few companies with good and strong sustainability, safety and CSR activities
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Amcor SWOT Analysis:
1. Caught in various controversies relating to pollution
2. Alleged cartel practices also hurt the brand image of the company
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Amcor SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing demand in African market where it does not have much presence 2. Value creating acquisitions 3. Acquisition of smaller companies and tie-ups with global players
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Amcor are as mentioned:
1. With the growing concern about the impact of PET on environment there can be some limitations put on its use 2. Major companies could start their own wing of packaging 3. Scarce raw material
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Amcor:
1. Sealed Air Australia 2. Pact Group 3. Visy Industries
It makes packaging solutions using flexibles and rigid plastics packaging
Food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, personal, home and personal care products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Amcor. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute