Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Amcor analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Amcor SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Amcor to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Amcor is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Amcor SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Amcor competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It makes packaging solutions using flexibles and rigid plastics packaging
Food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, personal, home and personal care products
SWOT Analysis of Amcor
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Amcor:
1. Nominated and won many awards for innovation in packaging 2. Diversified portfolio with over 25,000+ people employed in the company 3. It is a global packaging leader 4. Strong cash flow and good financial position
5. It has global operations in more than 40 countries
6. One of the few companies with good and strong sustainability, safety and CSR activities
Here are the weaknesses in the Amcor SWOT Analysis:
1. Caught in various controversies relating to pollution
2. Alleged cartel practices also hurt the brand image of the company
Following are the Opportunities in Amcor SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing demand in African market where it does not have much presence 2. Value creating acquisitions 3. Acquisition of smaller companies and tie-ups with global players
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Amcor are as mentioned:
1. With the growing concern about the impact of PET on environment there can be some limitations put on its use 2. Major companies could start their own wing of packaging 3. Scarce raw material
Below are the top 3 competitors of Amcor:
1. Sealed Air Australia 2. Pact Group 3. Visy Industries
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Amcor. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute