Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Syngenta analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Syngenta SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Syngenta to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Syngenta is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Syngenta SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Syngenta SWOT Analysis:
For Syngenta, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Syngenta looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Syngenta :
1. Broad product base covering crop protection, seeds & seed care and lawn & garden 2. Wide geographic presence in over 90 countries with a workforce of 26,000 employees 3. Strong focus on innovative R&D, combining chemical and biological expertise to develop new technologies and drive land productivity 4. Strategic acquisitions to dominate the agribusiness sector and stand out as the primary supplier of agro-products and solutions.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Syngenta SWOT Analysis:
1.Increased competition and expansion into highly volatile economies affecting profits 2. Limited market share due to stiff competition in the sector
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Syngenta SWOT Analysis:
1. Product approvals can increase Syngenta’s sales revenues, if the product achieves mass popularity & marketing. 2. Complementary agreements involving cross-license technologies, consolidated R&D efforts and termination of costly IP litigations can reinforce Syngenta top-tier market power. 3. There is an increasing need for improved agricultural production which forms the core offering of Syngenta.
4. There are tremendous opportunities for growth in emerging markets which can fuel an increase in the sales of Diverse Field Crops.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Syngenta are as mentioned:
1.Environmental regulations pose a great challenge to the acceptance of crop-enhancing products, by economies focused on environmental & health safety. 2. There is stiff competition in each segment due to emergence of new products, technologies and increasing customer intelligence. 3. Many products are on the verge of expiry of their patents resulting in easier access to generic manufacturers for production of the same.
4. There has been a reduction of subsidies granted by the European Govt. which may lead to greater expenditure on R&D.
5. The practice of delivering products on credit may affect Syngenta’s results, if the customers, especially in developing economies, start defaulting on their debts due to the global economic downturn.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Syngenta:
World leader in agribusiness with a focus on meeting future demands, creating sustainable solutions to enable agricultural systems to be conserved and developed.
Customers/businesses primarily focused on agriculture that demands healthy & premium crops, along with minimal use of resources.
Growers/farmers dealing with commercial & ornamental crops.
Syngenta is an agribusiness company involved in the development, manufacture, and marketing of products that are designed to enhance crop yields and food quality.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Syngenta. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute