Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Syngenta analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Syngenta SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Syngenta to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Syngenta is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Syngenta SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Syngenta competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
World leader in agribusiness with a focus on meeting future demands, creating sustainable solutions to enable agricultural systems to be conserved and developed.
Customers/businesses primarily focused on agriculture that demands healthy & premium crops, along with minimal use of resources.
Growers/farmers dealing with commercial & ornamental crops.
Syngenta is an agribusiness company involved in the development, manufacture, and marketing of products that are designed to enhance crop yields and food quality.
SWOT Analysis of Syngenta
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Syngenta:
1. Broad product base covering crop protection, seeds & seed care and lawn & garden 2. Wide geographic presence in over 90 countries with a workforce of 26,000 employees 3. Strong focus on innovative R&D, combining chemical and biological expertise to develop new technologies and drive land productivity 4. Strategic acquisitions to dominate the agribusiness sector and stand out as the primary supplier of agro-products and solutions.
Here are the weaknesses in the Syngenta SWOT Analysis:
1.Increased competition and expansion into highly volatile economies affecting profits 2. Limited market share due to stiff competition in the sector
Following are the Opportunities in Syngenta SWOT Analysis:
1. Product approvals can increase Syngenta’s sales revenues, if the product achieves mass popularity & marketing. 2. Complementary agreements involving cross-license technologies, consolidated R&D efforts and termination of costly IP litigations can reinforce Syngenta top-tier market power. 3. There is an increasing need for improved agricultural production which forms the core offering of Syngenta.
4. There are tremendous opportunities for growth in emerging markets which can fuel an increase in the sales of Diverse Field Crops.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Syngenta are as mentioned:
1.Environmental regulations pose a great challenge to the acceptance of crop-enhancing products, by economies focused on environmental & health safety. 2. There is stiff competition in each segment due to emergence of new products, technologies and increasing customer intelligence. 3. Many products are on the verge of expiry of their patents resulting in easier access to generic manufacturers for production of the same.
4. There has been a reduction of subsidies granted by the European Govt. which may lead to greater expenditure on R&D.
5. The practice of delivering products on credit may affect Syngenta’s results, if the customers, especially in developing economies, start defaulting on their debts due to the global economic downturn.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Syngenta. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute