Monsanto SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Monsanto, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Monsanto to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Monsanto is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Monsanto SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Monsanto SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Monsanto, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Monsanto looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Monsanto :
1. Wide customer base spanning the regions of North & South America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe.
2. Market Leader in the production of agricultural seeds.
3. Strong R&D capabilities, harnessing the knowledge of biotechnology and genetic engineering in delivering superior seeds.
4. Affordable pricing in view of growing customer demands along with strong customer loyalty.
5. Efficient distribution and supply chain network covering diverse regions.
6. Robust financial growth over the last decade due to increasing demand for innovative solutions and decreasing land available for cultivation.
7. Strong brand portfolio covering corn, soybean, cotton, wheat and a variety of other crops.
8. Strong alliance with BASF, the world’s largest chemical company along with collaboration of their respective R&D departments.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Monsanto SWOT Analysis:
1.Growth prospects are high for emerging economies especially, in the Asia-Pacific and African regions.
2. Focus on soybean and GM corn seeds, especially in Latin America and India can enhance revenues as these regions are highly agriculture-oriented.
3. A disciplined expenditure plan and strategic acquisitions can increase free cash flows and enable greater bottom-lines.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Monsanto are as mentioned:
1. Customer loyalty decreasing due to lawsuits against the company and harmful effects of their products.
2. Increased competition due to accessibility and increased awareness among farmers.
3. Environmental regulations prohibiting use of certain products of the company.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Monsanto:
2. Bayer Crop Science AG
Hence this concludes the Monsanto SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Producing more. Conserving more. Improving lives.
World leader in the production of agricultural & vegetable seeds including crop protection chemicals with a commitment towards sustainable agriculture and improving the lives of farmers.
Businesses/Customers thriving on agriculture for livelihood and income.
Farmers who are looking for variety in products & services along with high yield and crop safety.
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading companies focused on sustainable agriculture. We discover and deliver innovative products that support the farmers who feed, fuel and clothe our world.
1. Limited market share due to stiff competition in the sector
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Monsanto. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us