Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Formosa Plastics analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Formosa Plastics SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Formosa Plastics to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Formosa Plastics is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Formosa Plastics SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Formosa Plastics competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Taiwan’s leading petrochemical manufacturer; You expect more and Formosa delivers
One of the largest manufacturer of PVC in the world & largest manufacturer of petrochemicals in Taiwan
Formosa Plastics STP
Businesses which demand sustainable & good quality products with a high emphasis on saving costs.
Businesses in the manufacture of commodities and chemicals like plastics, textiles, etc.
Formosa Plastics is principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of plastic materials, textile products and fiber products.
SWOT Analysis of Formosa Plastics
Formosa Plastics Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Formosa Plastics:
1. Wide customer base spanning regions of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, the Americas, Africa, Europe, Oceania, Japan, South Korea and Southeast China. 2. Large business division comprising of 3 petrochemical, plastics, rayon, nylon, textiles and engineering division. 3. One of Taiwan’s top petrochemical companies and the world’s no. 2 producer of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC).
Formosa Plastics Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Formosa Plastics SWOT Analysis:
1. Market reach & network is very low, due to which alternate products are getting sold in the marketplace. 1. Limited global presence and lesser international penetration compared to some other big brands
Formosa Plastics Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Formosa Plastics SWOT Analysis:
1. Steadily growing Asian markets can be captured by undertaking process de-bottleneck and capacity expansion. 2. Can become a steady supplier for downstream operators in the region and work with them to make the products more competitive. 3. Distribution centers set-up in order to target the mainland China market.
4. Seek strategic alliances to gain access to marketing channels and expand the company’s market domain.
Formosa Plastics Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Formosa Plastics are as mentioned:
1. New technologies emerging in the world for the manufacture of petrochemicals.
2. Smaller players with access to Asian markets are creating intense competition for the company’s products. 3. Environmental regulations creating losses for the company, which has to look for alternate process for manufacture of its products.
Formosa Plastics Competition
Formosa Plastics Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Formosa Plastics:
1. BASF SE 2.Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan) 3.Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Formosa Plastics. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute