Formosa Plastics SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Formosa Plastics, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Formosa Plastics is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector. The article below lists the Formosa Plastics SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Formosa Plastics looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Formosa Plastics :
1. Wide customer base spanning regions of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, the Americas, Africa, Europe, Oceania, Japan, South Korea and Southeast China.
2. Large business division comprising of 3 petrochemical, plastics, rayon, nylon, textiles and engineering division.
3. One of Taiwan’s top petrochemical companies and the world’s no. 2 producer of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC).
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Formosa Plastics SWOT Analysis:
1. Market reach & network is very low, due to which alternate products are getting sold in the marketplace.
1. Limited global presence and lesser international penetration compared to some other big brands
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Formosa Plastics SWOT Analysis:
1. Steadily growing Asian markets can be captured by undertaking process de-bottleneck and capacity expansion.
2. Can become a steady supplier for downstream operators in the region and work with them to make the products more competitive.
3. Distribution centers set-up in order to target the mainland China market.
4. Seek strategic alliances to gain access to marketing channels and expand the company’s market domain.
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Formosa Plastics are as mentioned:
1. New technologies emerging in the world for the manufacture of petrochemicals.
2. Smaller players with access to Asian markets are creating intense competition for the company’s products.
3. Environmental regulations creating losses for the company, which has to look for alternate process for manufacture of its products.
Hence this concludes the Formosa Plastics SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Formosa Plastics
|Formosa Plastics Overview|
Formosa Plastics Group
Specialty chemicals, Plastics and Petrochemicals
Taiwan’s leading petrochemical manufacturer; You expect more and Formosa delivers
One of the largest manufacturer of PVC in the world & largest manufacturer of petrochemicals in Taiwan
|Formosa Plastics STP|
Businesses which demand sustainable & good quality products with a high emphasis on saving costs.
Businesses in the manufacture of commodities and chemicals like plastics, textiles, etc.
Formosa Plastics is principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of plastic materials, textile products and fiber products.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Formosa Plastics. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us