Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lubrizol analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lubrizol SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lubrizol to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lubrizol is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Lubrizol SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lubrizol competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lubrizol:
1. Operates manufacturing facilities in more than 17 countries spanning the American, Asian, Australian and European continents 2. Increased efficiency as a result of large-scale investments in R&D 3. The profitability has seen a tremendous growth due to expansions and renovations of manufacturing facilities 4. Wide customer base in the majority of countries that they operate in with more than 7000 employees 5. It has a base of approximately over more than 1,600 patents
Here are the weaknesses in the Lubrizol SWOT Analysis:
1. A lot of pending cases against violations committed by the company have reduced their reputation in the international market. 2. Liquidity position has considerably weakened due to weakening demand and global recession
Following are the Opportunities in Lubrizol SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging economies like India and China can offer tremendous opportunities for the growth of the company’s business 2. Strategic acquisitions of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. have increased their market presence and cash inflows 3. Joint venture facilities in Tianjin and Lanzhou districts of China have established their stronghold in the Chinese economy
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lubrizol are as mentioned:
1. Environmental rules and regulations pose a threat to the manufacturing processes of the company 2.Raw material prices have been fluctuating in the recent past due to which the revenues are adversely affected 3.Government tariffs have also increased due to global economic downturn
Below are the top 3 competitors of Lubrizol:
1. Monsanto Co 2. Bayer AG 3. Syngenta AG
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lubrizol. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute