Lubrizol SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Lubrizol, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lubrizol to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Lubrizol is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Lubrizol SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lubrizol SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Lubrizol, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lubrizol looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lubrizol :
1. Operates manufacturing facilities in more than 17 countries spanning the American, Asian, Australian and European continents
2. Increased efficiency as a result of large-scale investments in R&D
3. The profitability has seen a tremendous growth due to expansions and renovations of manufacturing facilities
4. Wide customer base in the majority of countries that they operate in with more than 7000 employees
5. It has a base of approximately over more than 1,600 patents
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lubrizol SWOT Analysis:
1. A lot of pending cases against violations committed by the company have reduced their reputation in the international market.
2. Liquidity position has considerably weakened due to weakening demand and global recession
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lubrizol SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging economies like India and China can offer tremendous opportunities for the growth of the company’s business
2. Strategic acquisitions of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. have increased their market presence and cash inflows
3. Joint venture facilities in Tianjin and Lanzhou districts of China have established their stronghold in the Chinese economy
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lubrizol are as mentioned:
1. Environmental rules and regulations pose a threat to the manufacturing processes of the company
2.Raw material prices have been fluctuating in the recent past due to which the revenues are adversely affected
3.Government tariffs have also increased due to global economic downturn
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Lubrizol:
1. Monsanto Co
2. Bayer AG
3. Syngenta AG
Hence this concludes the Lubrizol SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Specialty chemicals / Lubricant additives
A specialty chemical company
Increased customer benefit focus
Businesses looking to increase the quality and performance of their products with a focus on environment
Businesses in the manufacture of specialized chemicals, lubricants petrochemicals.
An essential ingredient in our customer’s success through…
Collaboration. Applied Science. Demonstrated value.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lubrizol. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us