Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Avery Dennison analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Avery Dennison SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Avery Dennison to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Avery Dennison is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Avery Dennison SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Avery Dennison SWOT Analysis:
For Avery Dennison, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Avery Dennison Strengths
The strengths of Avery Dennison looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Avery Dennison :
1. Operations in more than 200 manufacturing facilities across 50 countries in the world, with employee strength of more than 40,000. 2. It ranked on the Fortune 500 list of the world’s largest industrial & service companies 3. Strong market presence in more than 90 countries involving product sales and distribution networks. 4. There has been a fair growth in revenues year on year 5. Strong brand reputation and financial position
Avery Dennison Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Avery Dennison SWOT Analysis:
1. Operating cash flows are also weak due to a weak return on equity over the industrial sector. 2. Products have been priced quite high, as compared to competition’s products, especially in the U.S. market
Avery Dennison Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Avery Dennison SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets like India and China look promising markets for the company’s products and services. 2. Strategic acquisitions of Paxar Corporation and mergers with 3M’s office and consumer products’ operations have exposed the company to a wider customer base in other economic zones as well.
Avery Dennison Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Avery Dennison are as mentioned:
1. Labor costs are constantly increasing and strikes & shutdowns have become a menace. 2. Competitors are coming up with better products, with a trend to follow the incessant technological advancement in the sector. 3. Govt. regulations have created a multitude of risks in the industrial sector which are an added adversary to the company’s growth.
Avery Dennison Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Avery Dennison:
1. 3M Corp. 2. Bemis Company Inc. 3. Esselte Corp.
Hence this concludes the Avery Dennison SWOT analysis.
Strong market presence in pressure-sensitive materials.
Avery Dennison STP
High-end customers looking for innovative and out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for their businesses.
Customers in the business of manufacturing polymers, F&B, household products, personal care products, reflective products for automobiles, traffic & highway safety and promotional materials.
A global leader in pressure-sensitive technology and self-adhesive base materials.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Avery Dennison. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute