Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Avery Dennison analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Avery Dennison SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Avery Dennison to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Avery Dennison is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Avery Dennison SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Avery Dennison competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Strong market presence in pressure-sensitive materials.
Avery Dennison STP
High-end customers looking for innovative and out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for their businesses.
Customers in the business of manufacturing polymers, F&B, household products, personal care products, reflective products for automobiles, traffic & highway safety and promotional materials.
A global leader in pressure-sensitive technology and self-adhesive base materials.
SWOT Analysis of Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Avery Dennison:
1. Operations in more than 200 manufacturing facilities across 50 countries in the world, with employee strength of more than 40,000. 2. It ranked on the Fortune 500 list of the world’s largest industrial & service companies 3. Strong market presence in more than 90 countries involving product sales and distribution networks. 4. There has been a fair growth in revenues year on year 5. Strong brand reputation and financial position
Avery Dennison Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Avery Dennison SWOT Analysis:
1. Operating cash flows are also weak due to a weak return on equity over the industrial sector. 2. Products have been priced quite high, as compared to competition’s products, especially in the U.S. market
Avery Dennison Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Avery Dennison SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets like India and China look promising markets for the company’s products and services. 2. Strategic acquisitions of Paxar Corporation and mergers with 3M’s office and consumer products’ operations have exposed the company to a wider customer base in other economic zones as well.
Avery Dennison Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Avery Dennison are as mentioned:
1. Labor costs are constantly increasing and strikes & shutdowns have become a menace. 2. Competitors are coming up with better products, with a trend to follow the incessant technological advancement in the sector. 3. Govt. regulations have created a multitude of risks in the industrial sector which are an added adversary to the company’s growth.
Avery Dennison Competition
Avery Dennison Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Avery Dennison:
1. 3M Corp. 2. Bemis Company Inc. 3. Esselte Corp.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Avery Dennison. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute