Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sika analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sika SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sika to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sika is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Sika SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sika competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Market leader in the construction chemicals sector in the world.
Customers looking for high quality and efficient products with a long-term benefit towards their business.
Customers in the production of construction materials, industrial products and automobiles.
A globally active specialty chemicals company.
SWOT Analysis of Sika
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sika:
1. More than 15,000 employees operating in 76 countries across the globe. 2. Strong focus on energy-efficiency and cost-effectiveness has earned the company a strong customer base. 3. Has a consistent and strong annual sale. 4. Extremely effective distribution and R&D departments located in Baar, Switzerland. 5. Strong brand presence in Europe
Here are the weaknesses in the Sika SWOT Analysis:
1. Over dependence on the construction materials segment has reduced Sika’s ability to expand into the industrial sector across the world. 2. Sika’s market share has not been very consistent as it has witnessed both highs and lows in the past few years
Following are the Opportunities in Sika SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on emerging markets of Eastern Europe, South America, Middle East and South Asia can increase the company’s growth prospects. 2. Acquisitions have been very precise, accounting for a good share of Sika’s annual revenues.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sika are as mentioned:
1. Rapid fluctuations in exchange rates, especially with the Swiss Franc, have resulted in negative sales year-on-year for the company. 2. Competition has been very strong in this industry and Sika’s products are slowly paving way for more efficient products by other players. 3. International trade has hit an all-time low due to economic downturns and the Euro crisis.
Below are the top 3 competitors of Sika:
1. BASF SE 2. Lyondell Basell Industries NV 3. Rockwood Holdings Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sika. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute