Sika SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Sika, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sika to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Sika is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Sika SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Sika SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Sika, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Sika looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sika :
1. More than 15,000 employees operating in 76 countries across the globe.
2. Strong focus on energy-efficiency and cost-effectiveness has earned the company a strong customer base.
3. Has a consistent and strong annual sale.
4. Extremely effective distribution and R&D departments located in Baar, Switzerland.
5. Strong brand presence in Europe
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sika SWOT Analysis:
1. Over dependence on the construction materials segment has reduced Sika’s ability to expand into the industrial sector across the world.
2. Sika’s market share has not been very consistent as it has witnessed both highs and lows in the past few years
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sika SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on emerging markets of Eastern Europe, South America, Middle East and South Asia can increase the company’s growth prospects.
2. Acquisitions have been very precise, accounting for a good share of Sika’s annual revenues.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sika are as mentioned:
1. Rapid fluctuations in exchange rates, especially with the Swiss Franc, have resulted in negative sales year-on-year for the company.
2. Competition has been very strong in this industry and Sika’s products are slowly paving way for more efficient products by other players.
3. International trade has hit an all-time low due to economic downturns and the Euro crisis.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Sika:
1. BASF SE
2. Lyondell Basell Industries NV
3. Rockwood Holdings Inc.
Hence this concludes the Sika SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Innovation and Consistency |since 1910.
Market leader in the construction chemicals sector in the world.
Customers looking for high quality and efficient products with a long-term benefit towards their business.
Customers in the production of construction materials, industrial products and automobiles.
A globally active specialty chemicals company.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sika. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us