Tata Chemicals SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Tata Chemicals, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tata Chemicals to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Tata Chemicals is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Tata Chemicals SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tata Chemicals SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Tata Chemicals, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Tata Chemicals looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tata Chemicals :
1. The company holds a monopoly in some key products, such as iodized salt and water purifier.
2. Strong R&D set up and patented products in both India (Tata Chemicals Innovation Center) and Africa.
3. The brand name of Tata signifies trust and customer loyalty.
4. Export sales in diverse regions of Europe, East Africa, South East Asia, and the Middle East
5. String brand equity and top brand recall in the industry
6. Has a strong workforce of around 5000 employees
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tata Chemicals SWOT Analysis:
1. Operations limited to India and Africa, limited global penetration
2. The facilities in India near Mithapur, Gujarat have witnessed several renovations due to earthquakes, labor strikes, social upheavals, etc.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tata Chemicals SWOT Analysis:
1. Low penetration of agricultural products in order to minimize transmission and distribution in the market
2. Implementation of Accelerated Power Development & Reforms Program (APDRP) to prevent losses occurring due to power theft, pilferages and improper billing
3. Africa is a big prospect for future growth and initial setups in The dark continent can bring revenue flows in the future, especially from the consumer goods segment.
4. Acquisitions of Brunner Mond of UK, General Chemical Industrial Products Inc. of USA and the ammonia-urea fertilizer complex in Gabon have resulted in increased capacities
5. Seed research and development is in full swing with the Joint venture between Tata Chemicals and Singapore’s Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tata Chemicals are as mentioned:
1. Contractors’ and labor strikes, especially in Eastern India at Haldia have resulted in shutdowns and major reshuffling of the management.
2. African communities focused on preventing the industrialization of their environment have launched small-scale uprisings on the construction of soda ash plants in Tanzania.
3. Anti—dumping and trade regulations are becoming increasingly stringent and prohibitory.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Tata Chemicals:
2. Aditya Birla Chemicals Ltd.
3. Caprolactam Chemicals Ltd.
Hence this concludes the Tata Chemicals SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Consumer goods/ Agrochemicals/ Specialty chemicals
The Human Touch of Chemistry, Responsible Chemistry, The Company that Cares.
Market leader in the branded and iodized salt segment in India. World’s second largest soda ash producer.
|Tata Chemicals STP|
Customers who demand trust, quality and assurance of improved life.
Customers, farmers, wholesalers and industrial manufacturers.
It is a global company whose businesses focus on LIFE: Living, Industry and Farm Essentials.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tata Chemicals. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us