Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tata Chemicals analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tata Chemicals SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tata Chemicals to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tata Chemicals is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Tata Chemicals SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Tata Chemicals competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The Human Touch of Chemistry, Responsible Chemistry, The Company that Cares.
Market leader in the branded and iodized salt segment in India. World’s second largest soda ash producer.
Tata Chemicals STP
Customers who demand trust, quality and assurance of improved life.
Customers, farmers, wholesalers and industrial manufacturers.
It is a global company whose businesses focus on LIFE: Living, Industry and Farm Essentials.
SWOT Analysis of Tata Chemicals
Tata Chemicals Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tata Chemicals:
1. The company holds a monopoly in some key products, such as iodized salt and water purifier. 2. Strong R&D set up and patented products in both India (Tata Chemicals Innovation Center) and Africa. 3. The brand name of Tata signifies trust and customer loyalty. 4. Export sales in diverse regions of Europe, East Africa, South East Asia, and the Middle East 5. String brand equity and top brand recall in the industry 6. Has a strong workforce of around 5000 employees
Tata Chemicals Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Tata Chemicals SWOT Analysis:
1. Operations limited to India and Africa, limited global penetration 2. The facilities in India near Mithapur, Gujarat have witnessed several renovations due to earthquakes, labor strikes, social upheavals, etc.
Tata Chemicals Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Tata Chemicals SWOT Analysis:
1. Low penetration of agricultural products in order to minimize transmission and distribution in the market 2. Implementation of Accelerated Power Development & Reforms Program (APDRP) to prevent losses occurring due to power theft, pilferages and improper billing 3. Africa is a big prospect for future growth and initial setups in The dark continent can bring revenue flows in the future, especially from the consumer goods segment.
4. Acquisitions of Brunner Mond of UK, General Chemical Industrial Products Inc. of USA and the ammonia-urea fertilizer complex in Gabon have resulted in increased capacities
5. Seed research and development is in full swing with the Joint venture between Tata Chemicals and Singapore’s Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory.
Tata Chemicals Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tata Chemicals are as mentioned:
1. Contractors’ and labor strikes, especially in Eastern India at Haldia have resulted in shutdowns and major reshuffling of the management. 2. African communities focused on preventing the industrialization of their environment have launched small-scale uprisings on the construction of soda ash plants in Tanzania. 3. Anti—dumping and trade regulations are becoming increasingly stringent and prohibitory.
Tata Chemicals Competition
Tata Chemicals Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Tata Chemicals:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tata Chemicals. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute