Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Fevicol analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Fevicol SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fevicol to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Fevicol is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Fevicol SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Fevicol competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The largest selling white adhesive brand in India.
Customers looking for economic products with quick solutions to their problems.
Wholesalers, retailers, stationery stores, carpenters, housewives, students
The No. 1 white adhesive brand in Asia.
SWOT Analysis of Fevicol
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fevicol:
1. A very popular and famous brand, Fevicol has been a household name for generations and has become synonymous with anything that sticks or holds items together. 2. Viral advertising campaigns by O&M have been a trend of Fevicol’s marketing strategies, which have been greatly appreciated by viewers and applauded by advertising agencies & critics. E.g.:- “pakde rehna, chhodna nahi” ads involving, either people hanging from a rope or people clinging to the local trains or even the childrenwho are born with a moustache because their parents used Fevicol to stick theirs. 3. They boast of a very strong supply and distribution network across India with more than 65,000 dealers and retailers. 4. Different SKUs and packages account for customer-friendly approach and ease of application.
5. Market reach is tremendous, with countries like Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, South Africa, China and Japan also witnessing increase in sales of the brand.
6. Easily the market leader in India under the adhesives category with majority market share.
Here are the weaknesses in the Fevicol SWOT Analysis:
1. There are not many offers or schemes for carpenters, who are the largest consumers of the brand 2. Lack of focus towards Middle East, European and American nations to increase market share and sales.
Following are the Opportunities in Fevicol SWOT Analysis:
1. Below-the-line promotional activities like the Champions Club for carpenters and Fevicol MR Buddy series which involve children with a knack for art and craft exhibiting their talent. 2. Product variations and extensions such as Fevicol Marine, which can be used underwater and Fevicol Speedx, which binds things very quickly have been welcomed by the respective customers. 3. The customer preference towards the purchase of wooden furniture is increasing day-by-day, which is a good signal for adhesive brands like Fevicol to rake in some sales.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fevicol are as mentioned:
1.Entry barriers for the adhesives industry are very few due to which new entrants can enter the market very easily. 2. Global trade has been hit due to the global economic downturn and hence, exports are being affected. 3. There has been a decline in the advertising for Fevicol which might result in reduced brand recall.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fevicol. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute