SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SABIC Saudi Basic Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SABIC Saudi Basic Industries is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top SABIC Saudi Basic Industries competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Consumer good manufactures, Fertilizer manufacturing sector, Automotive, Electronics, Construction, Health care sector and Aircraft manufacturers
Meeting the unmet needs of customers through innovation
SWOT Analysis of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries
SABIC Saudi Basic Industries Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries:
1. World's market leaders in the production of polyethylene, polypropylene and other advanced thermoplastics, glycols, methanol and fertilizers.
2. Comprehensive portfolio of chemical products addressing diverse customer base and global presence in 40 countries
3. Significant research and development with 17 dedicated Technology & Innovation facilities across the globe.
4. Strong Customer Value Enhancement policies through customized process-oriented solutions
5. Nearly 40,000 employees form a part of the workforce
6. Strong backing by the Saudi govt makes it a strong player
SABIC Saudi Basic Industries Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Dumping allegations by countries like India, Turkey hamper brand image
2. Turbulent relationship with subsidiaries on Sublicensing overcharging issues
3. Weak supply chain than can affect the efficiency of SABICs network
SABIC Saudi Basic Industries Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Joint Ventures can help in increasing capacity and meeting demands effectively
2. Leveraging on strong innovation and technological capabilities to improve product portfolio
3. Demand for sustainable innovation in fertilizer business
SABIC Saudi Basic Industries Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries are as mentioned:
1. Environmental liabilities could result in substantial costs and increased potential liabilities
2. Political instability in the Middle East might disrupt operations
3. Intense competition in petrochemical field affecting profitability
SABIC Saudi Basic Industries Competition
SABIC Saudi Basic Industries Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries:
1.Reliance Industries Limited
3.Lyondell Basell Industries AF S.C.A.
4.Formosa Petrochemical Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SABIC Saudi Basic Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute