SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SABIC Saudi Basic Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. SABIC Saudi Basic Industries is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For SABIC Saudi Basic Industries, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries :
1. World's market leaders in the production of polyethylene, polypropylene and other advanced thermoplastics, glycols, methanol and fertilizers.
2. Comprehensive portfolio of chemical products addressing diverse customer base and global presence in 40 countries
3. Significant research and development with 17 dedicated Technology & Innovation facilities across the globe.
4. Strong Customer Value Enhancement policies through customized process-oriented solutions
5. Nearly 40,000 employees form a part of the workforce
6. Strong backing by the Saudi govt makes it a strong player
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Dumping allegations by countries like India, Turkey hamper brand image
2. Turbulent relationship with subsidiaries on Sublicensing overcharging issues
3. Weak supply chain than can affect the efficiency of SABICs network
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Joint Ventures can help in increasing capacity and meeting demands effectively
2. Leveraging on strong innovation and technological capabilities to improve product portfolio
3. Demand for sustainable innovation in fertilizer business
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries are as mentioned:
1. Environmental liabilities could result in substantial costs and increased potential liabilities
2. Political instability in the Middle East might disrupt operations
3. Intense competition in petrochemical field affecting profitability
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of SABIC Saudi Basic Industries:
1.Reliance Industries Limited
3.Lyondell Basell Industries AF S.C.A.
4.Formosa Petrochemical Corporation
Hence this concludes the SABIC Saudi Basic Industries SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|SABIC Saudi Basic Industries Overview|
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
Sharing Our Futures
World’s 2nd largest diversified chemicals company
|SABIC Saudi Basic Industries STP|
Manufacturing companies and industries
Consumer good manufactures, Fertilizer manufacturing sector, Automotive, Electronics, Construction, Health care sector and Aircraft manufacturers
Meeting the unmet needs of customers through innovation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SABIC Saudi Basic Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us