Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Celanese Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Celanese Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Celanese Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Celanese Corporation is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Celanese Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Celanese Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Processing of chemical raw materials such as methanol, carbon monoxide and ethylene, and natural products
Advanced engineered materials, consumer specialties, industrial specialties and acetyl intermediates
Offering wide variety of product in specialty segment
SWOT Analysis of Celanese Corporation
Celanese Corporation Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Celanese Corporation:
1. Improving profit margin irrespective of the economic fluctuation 2. Wide established subsidiaries providing a extensive portfolio spread 3. Celanese primarily operates in Asia, Europe and North America establishing a wide global presence 4. Strategic acquisitions have improved the brand profile and product portfolio
5. 7500+ employees are a part of its workforce
Celanese Corporation Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Celanese Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Lawsuit against Celanese for the alleged exposure of the workers to asbestos and other harmful materials 2. Allegation against Celanese on the Clean air violation and Price fixing scandal multi fixing litigation against the Celanese corporation
Celanese Corporation Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Celanese Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. The company's emulsions products are used in variety of applications including paints and coatings, adhesives, building and construction, glass fiber, textiles and paper offering scope of extensive expansion 2. Its is strong in global technological developments which can be used to attract new opportunities 3. The open organizational policy with acquisitions can be further leveraged to increase the products portfolio
Celanese Corporation Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Celanese Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Stringent norms affect the effective functioning of the company 2. Tarnished image threatens the customer perceptions of the company 3. Fluctuating economic condition especially in Europe along with increasing competition can affect the profit margin
Celanese Corporation Competition
Celanese Corporation Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Celanese Corporation:
1. Asahi Kasei Corporation
2. BASF AG
3. Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
4. DSM N.V.
5. Lanxess AG
6. Teijin Limited
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Celanese Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute