Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lanxess analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lanxess SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lanxess to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lanxess is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Lanxess SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lanxess SWOT Analysis:
For Lanxess, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lanxess looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lanxess :
1. The company operates in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific
2. The company is also engaged in custom synthesis and manufacturing services for small molecules and serves the needs of customers in the pharmaceutical, agriculture and specialty chemical industries.
3. Wide portfolio of products that caters to a wide customer base
4. Due to location at various geographic location, risk associated with geographic concentration is eliminated
5. It has speciality in rubber, plastics and other chemicals
6. Nearly 17000 people are employed by the company
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lanxess SWOT Analysis:
1. Lanxess shut its Belgium butyl rubber, Texas EPDM plants owing to the weak market demand
2. Declining company financial position due to the economic turbulence
3. Antitrust proceedings against the company may increase its legal cost
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lanxess SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing focus on 'green tire' production
2. Acquisitions likely to strengthen the company's product portfolio
3. EPDM plant in China likely to help the company enhance its services
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lanxess are as mentioned:
1. Huge weakening in demand forecasted for the rubber industry targeted by Lanxess
2. Volatile raw material prices
3. Risks associated with conducting business in foreign countries
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Lanxess:
Plastics, rubber, specialty chemicals and intermediates
Functional chemicals, inorganic pigments, liquid purification technologies (LPT), leather, material protection products (MPP), Rhein Chemie, and rubber chemicals (RUC)
Leading specialty chemicals company
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lanxess. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute