Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Arkema analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Arkema SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Arkema to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Arkema is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Arkema SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Arkema competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Industries including agriculture, refrigeration, automotive, chemicals and processing, coatings, construction, consumer goods, electrical and electronics, solvents and aerosols, hygiene and beauty, oil and gas, and packaging
Market leaders in most of the products offered
SWOT Analysis of Arkema
For Arkema, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Arkema SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Arkema looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Arkema :
1. Arkema has strong global presence with 90 production sites in Asia, North Maerica, Europe and other locations
2. Employs 1,200 researchers and nearly 14000 employees with €150 million dedicated every year to R&D
3. Arkema has Complementary business segments and balanced geographical coverage and targets sustainable development innovations
4. World no.1 to no.4 on majority of the portfolio
5. Its subsidiary brands are Alphacan, Altuglas International, Arkema Inc., Ceca, Coatex, MLPC International, Oxford Performance Materials and Resinoplast
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Arkema SWOT Analysis:
1. Reputation tarnished by Klesch’s allegation on the terms of the divestment by Arkema of the Vinyl Products segment
2. Honeywell sued Arkema for infringement one of its European patents to refrigerant compounds
3.The company has suffered a loss owing to the fluctuating financial situations
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Arkema SWOT Analysis:
1. Increased presence in the emerging markets and targeted acquisitions can facilitate business expansion
2. Can leverage on the fact that there are few players on the world markets in specialty chemical segment
3. Arkema’s financial resources and financial structure will enable it to continue its development through external growth
4. The Arkema group plans to generate more revenues through higher growth regions
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Arkema are as mentioned:
1. Threatened by the increasing raw material cost associated with the industry
2. Due to diverse global presence , patents and laws of different global location can be a threat to the smooth functioning of the business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Arkema:
1. Bayer AG
2. Lanxess AG
3. The Dow Chemical Company
4. Westlake Chemical Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Arkema. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute