Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Pepperfry analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Pepperfry SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Pepperfry to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Pepperfry is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Pepperfry SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Pepperfry competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Customers who have preference both for brands and online medium of shopping
Young, rising affluent class having a strong taste of fashion and trends
One stop store to for customers wanting to give their home a great look.
SWOT Analysis of Pepperfry
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pepperfry:
1. Received three rounds of funding. Its investors include names like Bertelsmann India Investments, Norwest Venture Partners etc.
2. For the categories it caters to, having 1 million customers is an exemplary record. 3. Partnership with more than 1000 merchants 4. 55000+ plus products in product categories like home appliances, furniture, body & bath, lamps & lighting etc.
5. 600 plus national and international brands like Godrej Interio, Hometown, Evok, Philips, Raymond, Joseph Joseph, Morphy Richards etc.
6. High sales rate can be validated from facts like sale of furniture every 20 minute, sale of an item in every 1 minute.
7. Strong logistic network comprising of 10+ fulfillment centers across the country ensures damage free and last mile delivery.
8. Offline stores like Studio Pepperfry will strengthen its brand by giving an opportunity to customers to experience and customize.
9. Innovative campaigns like Festive Bonanza and Selfie Contests at Airports or the impactful Television commercials are increasing brand awareness.
Here are the weaknesses in the Pepperfry SWOT Analysis:
1. Furniture shipping entails huge shipping costs compared to other sectors like apparel and Setting up of offline stores can be capital intensive.
2. Increasing competition from new players and unorganized sector can affect market share
Following are the Opportunities in Pepperfry SWOT Analysis:
1. Collaboration with real estate online portals can increase position
2. Tie-up with corporate to be an infrastructure partner.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pepperfry are as mentioned:
1. Popular and established portals like Amazon, Flipkart making their foray in the home décor business.
2. Preference for offline mode still exists in the segment which it operates in.
3. Investment from big investors like Soft Bank, Rocket Internet in rival companies.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pepperfry. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute