Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Trivago analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Trivago SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Trivago to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Trivago is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Trivago SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Trivago SWOT Analysis:
For Trivago, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Trivago looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Trivago :
1. It compares hotel prices from 700,000+ hotels
2. Monthly close to 50 million visitors access the site
3. It has 50 international platforms.
4. Strong backing by Expedia, which is a major name in the travel industry
5. Trivago Hotel Manager platform helps hoteliers to enhance their business positioning, thus fostering good relationship with hotels.
5. Strong advertising campaigns
6. Its Mystery Guest Test program is an innovative strategy to give honest and balanced reviews about hotels
7. Strong backing by parent company makes it a prominent brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Trivago SWOT Analysis:
1.Limited product offering. It only covers hotels and thus, does not cater to all facets of travel
2. Intense competition means limited market share & less brand loyalty
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Trivago SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisition of online travel booking portals to expand its portfolio
2. Increasing interest of people in travel
3. Tieups with more hotels can boost its presence
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Trivago are as mentioned:
1.Popularity of online travel portals erodes away a significant market share in India
2. Combo packages of flight plus hotel offered by various portals is a big threat
3. Expansion of its portfolio to add flight, car and bus booking facilities
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Trivago:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Trivago. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute