Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Zomato analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Zomato SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Zomato to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Zomato is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Zomato SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Zomato competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Content is what sets Zomato apart - The only restaurant & nightlife guide with menus, pictures and map locations
Young population, working professionals looking for information of restaurants
All Smartphone Users
Zomato provides the “guide” or the “discovery” experience of restaurants & food guide
SWOT Analysis of Zomato
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Zomato:
1. Users perceive Zomato as ‘Specialty product’ (Focused only on foods & restaurants)
2. High awareness – Top of the mind product
3. Global presence – 25 countries – 1.5 million listed restaurants
4. Superior technology and a strong workforce of over 1200 poeple
5. Asset less business model
6. High financial leverage due to its business model
7. Simple & user friendly interface
8. Aggressive and Innovative marketing strategy
9. Strong brand recognition and has won several accolades & awards
Here are the weaknesses in the Zomato SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from search engines & other similar apps means limited growth
2. Drastic growth means susceptible to bad content
Following are the Opportunities in Zomato SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to expand to further more countries
2. Increasing internet penetration & number of smartphone users
3. Rapid technology development
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Zomato are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition
2. Lack of clear rules and regulations - Changes in government policy can easily affect the business model
3. Business model can be easily imitated by other players
Below are the top 3 competitors of Zomato:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Zomato. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute