Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Pandora Radio analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Pandora Radio SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Pandora Radio to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Pandora Radio is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Pandora Radio SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Pandora Radio SWOT Analysis:
For Pandora Radio, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Pandora Radio Strengths
The strengths of Pandora Radio looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pandora Radio :
1. Customization – the ability to create up to 100 different stations
2. Two subscription plans – a free one including advertising and a fee-based one without ads
3. Versatility – Pandora on the web/mobile/music system at home
4. Strong brand recognition – has become a generic benchmark
5. Less advertising than conventional radio
6. Ability to find artists you never knew existed but will probably like
7. Available in USA, Australia and New Zealand
8. Over 250 million users show its popularity & presence
Pandora Radio Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Pandora Radio SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from other music sources means limited margins
2. Limited global presence
Pandora Radio Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Pandora Radio SWOT Analysis:
1. Applications supported by iPhone and Blackberry
2. Increasingly tech-savvy population
3. Popularity of online music sources
4. Advertising opportunities on Pandora’s website
5. Establishing partnerships with car makers to bring Pandora services to vehicles
Pandora Radio Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pandora Radio are as mentioned:
1. Traditional radio stations
2. Increasing reach and popularity of competitors
3. Entry of players due to growing market
4. Free music downloading interfaces
Pandora Radio Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Pandora Radio:
Hence this concludes the Pandora Radio SWOT analysis.
Music Genome Project, which has made the company stand out among its peers
Pandora Radio STP
All Internet users
College students, Music bands, brands and all music lovers
Personalized listening experience
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pandora Radio. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute