Pandora Radio SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Pandora Radio, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Pandora Radio is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector. The article below lists the Pandora Radio SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Pandora Radio looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pandora Radio :
1. Customization – the ability to create up to 100 different stations
2. Two subscription plans – a free one including advertising and a fee-based one without ads
3. Versatility – Pandora on the web/mobile/music system at home
4. Strong brand recognition – has become a generic benchmark
5. Less advertising than conventional radio
6. Ability to find artists you never knew existed but will probably like
7. Available in USA, Australia and New Zealand
8. Over 250 million users show its popularity & presence
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Pandora Radio SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from other music sources means limited margins
2. Limited global presence
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Pandora Radio SWOT Analysis:
1. Applications supported by iPhone and Blackberry
2. Increasingly tech-savvy population
3. Popularity of online music sources
4. Advertising opportunities on Pandora’s website
5. Establishing partnerships with car makers to bring Pandora services to vehicles
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pandora Radio are as mentioned:
1. Traditional radio stations
2. Increasing reach and popularity of competitors
3. Entry of players due to growing market
4. Free music downloading interfaces
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Pandora Radio SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Pandora Radio
|Pandora Radio Overview|
Pandora Media, Inc.
Internet based Radio provider
Let there be music
Music Genome Project, which has made the company stand out among its peers
|Pandora Radio STP|
All Internet users
College students, Music bands, brands and all music lovers
Personalized listening experience
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pandora Radio. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us