Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of ADP analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ADP SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ADP to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ADP is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the ADP SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the ADP SWOT Analysis:
For ADP, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of ADP looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ADP :
1. Market leader in HR services in North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Pacific Rim 2. A large portfolio of HR products and services for all types of industries 3. Strong Year on Year growth of revenue in both
4. Serves over 600,000+ clients in over a 100 countries around the globe
5. High annual client retention rate and an average client contract of many years
6. The company has over 60,000 employees worldwide
7. Strong service portfolio includes Human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source
8. One of the few companies to receive a AAA credit rating
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the ADP SWOT Analysis:
1. High competition means limited margins 2. Lack of geographic diversification as most its clients are based out of US
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in ADP SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong demand growth in cloud based systems 2. Demand for HR services have been increasing especially SaaS based 3. Mobile based application demand is on the rise, which ADP can take advantage of
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ADP are as mentioned:
1. Online data privacy breach may lead to lead to litigations 2. More players are entering into the market with customized solutions 3. Intense competition in HCM solution market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of ADP:
1. Paychex, Inc.
2. Insperity, Inc.
3. TriNet Group, Inc
4. Reynolds and Reynolds Company
5. International Business Machines Corporation
Hence this concludes the ADP SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
Business Process Outsourcing Services & HCM Solutions
Integrated computing and business outsourcing solutions
Professional employer organizations and Dealer services
Employers of All Sizes, Auto, Truck, Motorcycle, Marine and Recreational Vehicle Dealers
Leader in HCM solutions which equips ADP with pricing power
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ADP. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute