Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Keyence analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Keyence SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Keyence to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Keyence is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Keyence SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Keyence competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Keyence:
1. Strong focus on new product development - Keyence incurred a substantial capital expenditure on new product development 2. Strong R&D focus - R&D costs constituted substantial part of the total operating costs of the company 3. Strong network capabilities - own network of warehouse centers spread around 40 countries that ship orders on the same day
they are received 4. Strong employee base of about 3500 employees
5. Its product portfolio includes sensors, barcode readers, vision systems, measuring equipment and digital microscopes.
Here are the weaknesses in the Keyence SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong dependence on Japanese econom is a concern 2. Networks focussed mainly in western Japan 3. Relatively low global presence in comparison to competitors
Following are the Opportunities in Keyence SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong growth of the global control systems market 2. Keyence’s products are used widely in global automation and process control industry to make industrial processes faster and efficient 3. Keyence laser markers
utilize 3-Axis technology to mark product numbers, logos and barcodes – this industry is growing at a rapid pace
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Keyence are as mentioned:
1. Disruptions due to natural disasters are a big threat as the company is primarily based out of Japan - The direct costs of the damage from the earthquake are huge 2. Radio frequency identification (RFID) tags are an innovative substitute for bar code and are fast eating up the market share of Keyence’s products
Below are the top 5 competitors of Keyence:
1. Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
2. Nabtesco Corporation
3. ARRK CORPORATION
4. Spectris plc
5. HORIBA, Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Keyence. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute