Keyence SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Keyence, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Keyence to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Keyence is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Keyence SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Keyence SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Keyence, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Keyence looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Keyence :
1. Strong focus on new product development - Keyence incurred a substantial capital expenditure on new product development
2. Strong R&D focus - R&D costs constituted substantial part of the total operating costs of the company
3. Strong network capabilities - own network of warehouse centers spread around 40 countries that ship orders on the same day
they are received
4. Strong employee base of about 3500 employees
5. Its product portfolio includes sensors, barcode readers, vision systems, measuring equipment and digital microscopes.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Keyence SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong dependence on Japanese econom is a concern
2. Networks focussed mainly in western Japan
3. Relatively low global presence in comparison to competitors
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Keyence SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong growth of the global control systems market
2. Keyence’s products are used widely in global automation and process control industry to make industrial processes faster and efficient
3. Keyence laser markers
utilize 3-Axis technology to mark product numbers, logos and barcodes – this industry is growing at a rapid pace
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Keyence are as mentioned:
1. Disruptions due to natural disasters are a big threat as the company is primarily based out of Japan - The direct costs of the damage from the earthquake are huge
2. Radio frequency identification (RFID) tags are an innovative substitute for bar code and are fast eating up the market share of Keyence’s products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Keyence:
1. Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
2. Nabtesco Corporation
3. ARRK CORPORATION
4. Spectris plc
5. HORIBA, Ltd.
Hence this concludes the Keyence SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
The complete source for sensing solutions
One-stop shop for industry automation tools
Retail chains, stores, corporate houses
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Keyence. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us