Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ingram Micro analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ingram Micro SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ingram Micro to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ingram Micro is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Ingram Micro SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Ingram Micro competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A very strong industry player serving over 185000 customers
Ingram Micro STP
Electronics, telecom and information technology equipment
Business enterprises and individuals
American company whch provides electronics and IT equipment
SWOT Analysis of Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ingram Micro:
1. Strong employee base of more than 20,000 employees 2. Improving financial position - recorded revenues have shown a consistent growth 3. Improving profitability - The net profit increasing on a yearly basis showing improved operations 4. Broad portfolio of product offerings
5. Over 185,000 customers are reached with the help of over 1400 suppliers
Ingram Micro Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Ingram Micro SWOT Analysis:
1. Overdependence on third party service companies - almost entirely depends on third-party shipping and freight forwarding companies for
the delivery of its products 2. Ingram has various claims, lawsuits and pending actions against the company
Ingram Micro Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Ingram Micro SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth and expansion through strategic expansions - Over the past years the company has completed many strategic acquisitions 2. Growth through new distribution channel agreements and contracts with the likes of SAP, HP, IBM, Honeywell Scanning and Mobility 3. Growing software and services industry which is expected to grow globally
Ingram Micro Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ingram Micro are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition - The company competes for product, price, service or solution offered. It also competes with companies specialized in local markets, such as Synnex Technology
International (Asia-Pacific), Digital China (China), Redington (Asia-Pacific), Express Data (Australia and New Zealand), Intcomex (Latin America), Esprinet (Italy and Spain), ALSO-Actebis Holding AG (Europe) and Metra Group (Asia- Pacific) 2. Rapid technological changes may be a threat as the company does not have strong R&D capabilities
Ingram Micro Competition
Ingram Micro Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of Ingram Micro:
1. Arrow Electronics, Inc.
2. Avnet, Inc.
3. Tech Data Corporation
4. ScanSource, Inc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ingram Micro. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute