Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tech Data analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tech Data SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tech Data to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tech Data is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Tech Data SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tech Data SWOT Analysis:
For Tech Data, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Tech Data Strengths
The strengths of Tech Data looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tech Data :
1. Diverse product portfolio – more than 150000 products to value-added resellers 2. Strong employee base of about 8,000+ employees 3. Strong global presence across the Americas, Europe, and Asia 4. Large number of M&As has led to inorganic growth in areas where it needed expertise
5. It is one of the largest wholesaler technology and electronics products distributors in US
Tech Data Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tech Data SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong dependence on some suppliers 2. Several lawsuits have spoilt the image of the company in the past 3. Large number of product recalls in the recent past have made their reliability fall
Tech Data Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tech Data SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook for cloud computing services – the industry is expected to grow in leaps and bounce 2. StreamOne – online solutions store launched is helping it penetrate newer markets 3. Several distribution agreements with the likes of IBM to help expand and strengthen channels
Tech Data Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tech Data are as mentioned:
1. Very high competition in the European market 2. Labour unrests very common in countries of Latin America and Europe 3. Delivery failures due to labour unrests are becoming a serious problem and could dampen trust in the company’s reliability in the future
Tech Data Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Tech Data:
Support systems that enhance profitability of the business they help
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tech Data. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute