EMI Group SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of EMI Group, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like EMI Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. EMI Group is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the EMI Group SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the EMI Group SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For EMI Group, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of EMI Group looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of EMI Group :
1. Strong global presence with a market in over 50 countries
2. World’s largest independent music company with a good market share
3. Its financial performance has shown a strong growth in the past few years
4. It has a world class artist roster that has been helping it increase its sales on a regular basis
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the EMI Group SWOT Analysis:
1. It has a very weak presence in the US market where there is a potential to grow
2. It has been slowly losing market share to other major global players even in the UK
3. It has shown very reduced performance in the past few years
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in EMI Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into different countries would help them maintain their market share
2. Exploit the digital market space by selling songs online
3. Joint ventures have helped EMI in the past and the company should explore such opportunities to enter new markets
4. The company can organize special searches to hunt for potential talent that it can collaborate with
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of EMI Group are as mentioned:
1. Limited growth of music industry with the onslaught of piracy in digital content
2. High competition in the industry
3. Poaching of good artists by the bigger players in the market
4. Peer sharing sites like Napster which allow for easy download of songs without the company getting any revenue from the sale
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of EMI Group:
1. BMG Music records
2. Warner Brother’s music
3. Universal Music
Hence this concludes the EMI Group SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|EMI Group Overview|
EMI Group – Owned by Sony
Music Publishing and Recorded Music
Where Songs Live
Has over 100 recording labels featuring some of the greatest rock and pop artists
|EMI Group STP|
Music CDs and recordings
Youth and college going population that are highly influenced by music
Associated with some of the best artists and compositions in the industry.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EMI Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us