Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of EMI Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In EMI Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like EMI Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. EMI Group is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the EMI Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top EMI Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Has over 100 recording labels featuring some of the greatest rock and pop artists
EMI Group STP
Music CDs and recordings
Youth and college going population that are highly influenced by music
Associated with some of the best artists and compositions in the industry.
SWOT Analysis of EMI Group
EMI Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of EMI Group:
1. Strong global presence with a market in over 50 countries 2. World’s largest independent music company with a good market share 3. Its financial performance has shown a strong growth in the past few years 4. It has a world class artist roster that has been helping it increase its sales on a regular basis
EMI Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the EMI Group SWOT Analysis:
1. It has a very weak presence in the US market where there is a potential to grow 2. It has been slowly losing market share to other major global players even in the UK 3. It has shown very reduced performance in the past few years
EMI Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in EMI Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into different countries would help them maintain their market share 2. Exploit the digital market space by selling songs online 3. Joint ventures have helped EMI in the past and the company should explore such opportunities to enter new markets
4. The company can organize special searches to hunt for potential talent that it can collaborate with
EMI Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of EMI Group are as mentioned:
1. Limited growth of music industry with the onslaught of piracy in digital content 2. High competition in the industry 3. Poaching of good artists by the bigger players in the market
4. Peer sharing sites like Napster which allow for easy download of songs without the company getting any revenue from the sale
EMI Group Competition
EMI Group Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of EMI Group:
1. BMG Music records 2. Warner Brother’s music
3. Universal Music
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EMI Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute