Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Halfords analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Halfords SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Halfords to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Halfords is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Halfords SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Halfords competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
one-stop shop for exclusive brands in bikes, high quality car parts and accessories
Buyers of car parts, bikes and accessories
Bikes, car parts & accessories shoppers (online/offline) in mainland UK
Halfords in UK’s leading exclusive cycling and motoring retailer
SWOT Analysis of Halfords
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Halfords:
1. Customer-centric policies with over 12000+ employees 2. One of UK’s biggest retailer of cycling and motor parts 3. Large variety of renowned brands 4.Adapatability to reposition itself with changing business needs
5. High quality product offerings
6. Online sales services
7. 24 hour free customer delivery system
8. Price discount offerings
9. Free car checks in stores
Here are the weaknesses in the Halfords SWOT Analysis:
1. Stiff competition from company owned service centers means low business at times
2. Failure in expansion outside UK and Ireland
3. Distribution system limited to mainland UK
Following are the Opportunities in Halfords SWOT Analysis:
1. Further improving post-sale customer service system
2. Creating an efficient distribution system
3. Increasing the reachability of online delivery outside UK, and Ireland
4. Expanding in developing countries where people focus on car repair and maintenance over repurchase
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Halfords are as mentioned:
1. Drastic decline in customer demand for bicycles 2. Decline in customer income levels and disposable income owing to financial crisis
3. Competitors providing equitable quality proposition at lower prices
Below are the top 6 competitors of Halfords:
1. Autobytel 2. The Ultimate Finish
4. Get geared
5. Extreme Auto Accessories
6. Car Source
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Halfords. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute