David Jones Limited SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of David Jones Limited, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like David Jones Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. David Jones Limited is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the David Jones Limited SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For David Jones Limited, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of David Jones Limited looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of David Jones Limited :
1. Exclusive Design and wide presence, currently has 38 stores located in most Australian states and territories
2. David Jones, a Welsh immigrant, and is claimed to be the oldest continuously operating department store in the world still trading under its original name
3. Wide selection of products offered and a plenty of space of parking for customers coming from far off places
4. High product quality
5. Acquisition by Woolworths “breathe new life” into the David Jones brand at a time when apparel companies are expanding in South Africa and Australia
6. David Jones promises to offer competitive prices on the best national and international brands, to provide a high standard of service while maintaining integrity as a company serving Australia.
7. Approx 40 stores and around 7000 employees
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited brand presence as compared to market leaders in terms of total stores
2. The brand has lower revenues as its business is restricted when measured with global players
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Global expansion into the new markets
2. Expansion of product lines with investment coming from parent company
3. More advertising and marketing activities
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of David Jones Limited are as mentioned:
1. Local Competitors
2. Other players of the market which have established stores in New York
3. Fluctuating economic conditions
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of David Jones Limited:
1. Myer Holdings
2. Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd
Hence this concludes the David Jones Limited SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
David Jones Limited
Woolworths Holdings Limited
There's no other store like David Jones
The best and most exclusive goods
|David Jones Limited STP|
Urban Metropolitan retail and departmental stores
High End/ High Income group
Shop with confidence at David Jones
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to David Jones Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us