David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of David Jones Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like David Jones Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. David Jones Limited is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the David Jones Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top David Jones Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of David Jones Limited:
1. Exclusive Design and wide presence, currently has 38 stores located in most Australian states and territories
2. David Jones, a Welsh immigrant, and is claimed to be the oldest continuously operating department store in the world still trading under its original name
3. Wide selection of products offered and a plenty of space of parking for customers coming from far off places
4. High product quality
5. Acquisition by Woolworths “breathe new life” into the David Jones brand at a time when apparel companies are expanding in South Africa and Australia
6. David Jones promises to offer competitive prices on the best national and international brands, to provide a high standard of service while maintaining integrity as a company serving Australia.
7. Approx 40 stores and around 7000 employees
David Jones Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited brand presence as compared to market leaders in terms of total stores
2. The brand has lower revenues as its business is restricted when measured with global players
David Jones Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in David Jones Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Global expansion into the new markets
2. Expansion of product lines with investment coming from parent company
3. More advertising and marketing activities
David Jones Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of David Jones Limited are as mentioned:
1. Local Competitors
2. Other players of the market which have established stores in New York
3. Fluctuating economic conditions
David Jones Limited Competition
David Jones Limited Competitors
Below are the top 2 competitors of David Jones Limited:
1. Myer Holdings
2. Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to David Jones Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute