Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 24, 2021
SWOT analysis of Publix analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Publix SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Publix to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Publix is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Publix SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Publix SWOT Analysis:
For Publix, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Publix looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Publix :
1. Publix employs over 200,000 people at its 1000+ retail locations, cooking schools, corporate offices, grocery distribution centres, and Publix brand manufacturing facilities.
2. The manufacturing facilities produce its dairy, deli, bakery, and other food products.
3. Publix is one of the largest US regional grocery chains
4. It provides a wide range of products like bakery, diary, meat, seafood, pharmacy, liquor etc
5. The chain provides an excellent shopping experience, especially for one-stop-shop lovers
6. It is recognized as one of the leading retail chains by the likes of Fortune 500
7. Publix provides a comprehensive "special order" service
8. It facilitates exclusively online, or mail-order service via the Snapfish program
9. The brand provides free medicines to a few customers which increases the brand identity and credibility
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Publix SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited presence in emerging and developing economies as compared to some global competitors
2. Intense competition means limited market share growth from Publix
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Publix SWOT Analysis:
1. Entering into emerging markets, where it has huge scope, can help the company grow
2. More digital media and social media advertising can help Publix build a strong market online
3. Having strategic partnerships & ventures can help the business grow
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Publix are as mentioned:
1. Competition from global players can lead to lower revenues for Publix
2. Less entry barriers into retail & grocery sector can mean more players can enter the market
3. Less switching costs to other brands & unfavorable business policies can lead to loss of business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Publix:
Gives all kinds of quality foods and grocery for the home at one place
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Publix. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute