Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Timex analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Timex SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Timex to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Timex is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Timex SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Timex competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Timex. Life is ticking ; Ridiculously easy to use (Timex with I-Control) ; It takes a lickin', but it keeps on tickin'
Innovative products at affordable prices
Low to Mid level segment
Mid income group
Brand synonymous with Design, durability and Performance
SWOT Analysis of Timex
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Timex:
1. There is high brand awareness of the Timex brand, especially in Asia
2. Timex brands are known to be high quality and reliable products
3. The brand enjoys a very high brand recall
4. Timex has more than 5000 employees with manufacturing and distribution in over 20 countries and a presence in more than 100 countries across the world 5. Excellent brand recall and god advertising through TVCs and print ads
Here are the weaknesses in the Timex SWOT Analysis:
1. Timex has many products in its watches portfolio. This leads to reduction in the equity of the brand 2. Fake imitations affect the brands presence and sales
Following are the Opportunities in Timex SWOT Analysis:
1. The watch segment in the low to middle segments is a rapidly expanding environment, especially in the developing markets of Asia
2. New technology in the watch segment can open up opportunities
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Timex are as mentioned:
1. The low to mid level segment of watches is most crowded with competitors.
2. Price levels in this segment are very crucial as the consumer is very price conscious
3. Fake watches that carry the same brand name and sell cheaply
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Timex. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute