Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Marc Jacobs analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Marc Jacobs SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Marc Jacobs to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Marc Jacobs is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Marc Jacobs SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Marc Jacobs SWOT Analysis:
For Marc Jacobs, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Marc Jacobs Strengths
The strengths of Marc Jacobs looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Marc Jacobs :
1. The brand has been appreciated in the fashion world since 1986.
2. the brand has had collaborations with other famous brands like Fine China and Barneys New York in the past
3. The brand has a diverse portfolio including Eyewear, Fragrances, Home, Handbags, Shoes apart from the apparel section
4. The designer of the brand is the youngest designer ever to win the CFDA Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent and later won 6 other CFDA Awards in different years
5. The company has more than 100 stores in the developed markets around the world.
6. The brand has been endorsed by international celebrities
7.The designer is remembered for his work with Louis Vuitton for some time and creating the famous graffiti bags for them
Marc Jacobs Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Marc Jacobs SWOT Analysis:
1. The company has diversified into too many spaces which might make it difficult to handle the brands 2. Limited global presence
Marc Jacobs Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Marc Jacobs SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can increase its brand awareness by more marketing campaigns 2. Global expansion would help the brand grow
Marc Jacobs Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Marc Jacobs are as mentioned:
1. Other brands offer similar styles and cuts.
2. Similar products available in other brands.
3. The company’s revenues depend on the market conditions
Marc Jacobs Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Marc Jacobs:
The brand each year comes with vivid unexpected fashion trends
Marc Jacobs STP
Elite class men and women living American Fashion
Premium segment urban men and women
Casual American Elite fashion with innovative trends.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Marc Jacobs. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute